Potency trends in confiscated cannabis

THC_and_Other_Cannabinoids_in_Confiscated_Cannabis_Preparations_from_1993_to_2008_

Thought some people might find this of interest. I laughed out loud at ‘sinsemilla’ as it’s been a minute since anyone used that one. Also, apparently Thai stick was hard to come by. Also this disproves the ‘drastic increase in THC’. 2-3x.

Money shot below.

7 Likes

They were bummed to find out their ditchweed was compliant and ready to be extracted…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

The use of ditchweed as an official category is a good one.

Frankly the low potency of average flower is clearly due to it all being seeded, and the people who got ‘sinsemilla’ got decent stuff. Unfortunately no terp profiles but you can assume most was badly cured.

4 Likes

Wish there were accompanying pics of said herbs. With some easy cleanup the shish could have been pretty good

1 Like

enforcement was probably heavily focused on the southern borders during those years as well

I’d for sure say that whatever was confiscated was probably mostly from large scale operations while quality stuff was kept in tight circles due to limited quantity.

4 Likes

I wish they would’ve tested terpenes too, namely myrcene

2 Likes

Don’t forget hashishene!

3 Likes

I’d like to see potency for confiscated sinsemilla post farm bill.

3 Likes

If anyone wants to test some Thai varieties. I have a source for authentic genetics from Thailand. I currently have red Thai and mango Thai flowers that I would donate for a Coa. Also would love to see more advanced analytical methods used.

4 Likes

1977 photos for reference. I have this book at home and it has pricing history as well.

4 Likes

stop attacking my youth!

2 Likes

Some stuff I want to test in the near future

4 Likes

Holy crap it’s amazing it went from that to what we have now. That’s amazing talk about some whispy nasty looking shit

I’m curious if these low potency values are partly from pot plants being cut down after a raid, being crudely dried and tested.

2 Likes

Idk man I’d unironically pay a good amount to try each of them

3 Likes

They look like something I smoked back when I was a kid stealing from the old man

1 Like

They may look gnarly but I have a lot of great memories associated with many of them. yeux3

2 Likes

Tbh the whole lot of em looks like sativa

That’s because the great majority before the 90’s were Sativas. All the classics, the Thai and all the rest. Even the early sinsemilla days it was mostly Sativas. Finally other seeds became more readily available and grown. Until then, it was all landrace harvested hodge podge in huge fields with people trudging all over it and full of bugs so it looked scruffy. But it’s what was inside that made them special. I still prefer those days to now. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC)

1 Like