Possible DIY mounting for packing material columns

Hey there guys,
So I am curious if anyone our there has made a rather efficient mounting system for just packing material columns? I want to build something that I can set my column and strap securely so that I am not having to hold the tubes and simultaneously pack them. I have some rather crude ideas but I am interested to see how everyone else would problem solve. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

use material socks

4 Likes

+1 to using material socks. Saves you so much headache.

2 Likes

How do u pack the sock without tearing it?

2 Likes

Why are you being so aggressive with your socks?

Haha.

4 Likes

Thanks a ton for the recommendation guys. Does anyone have any cons to using material socks that they might want to add? I remember reading that people didn’t prefer them for some reason and for the life of me I can’t remember what the reason was.

also I was more referring to something I could mount the column onto WHILE I pack. That way I’m not having to balance the tube while packing it or anything. I can just latch it, fill it, unlatch and be on my way.

1 Like

I don’t like socks. They hold bho and you can’t pack as much

2 Likes

I like your thinking, I’m gonna make mount for my work bench…

They make hangers for these columns that are pretty cheap, had rubber trap around it, alot easier than mounting to collection for sure

Dont they sit flat on a surface. Dont understands why somebody would need something to hold it up for you.

1 Like

What socks are you using that hold oil? Are you talking about the color in them when you are done? And yes, loading them outside the column is a pain.

Right? He might have reducers and makes it all wobbly

You could just get a column mount. Instead of the ubolt use two lags and mount it to the wall. Load column there, unmount from rack mount, then mount to the rack for next run

2 Likes

Nvr thought about that

Only thing I could think of. And if so. Would you be able to move to filter plates. You can load flat and not need a second stationary area for this

Meaning @noirrad

1 Like

Where can one find said socks?

1 Like
1 Like

There’s a few places. I’ve always gotten them from Emotek. But looks like @dred_pirate also has a source :point_up: They’re normally around $10 to $15 apiece.

1 Like

You pack your column w nothing under it just setting on flat ground?, I’ve always wondered how ppl do it with warping screen gasket

I attach a filter stack to the bottom of my column now and a cap on top. That way i can though the entire column in dry ice over nite. And its less time consuming then repacking columns