Pool Pump for Jacketed Base?

I’ve only burned out one pump in 3 years and I leave them on 24/7 , my souis v’s aren’t ever hotter than 120

2 Likes

Awesome! is that 120f or c? my concern is the pump holding up to 70c or 158 f

1 Like

I’ve used plastic aquarium pumps at 80C for SPD. They don’t last long above that temp…or when placed directly next to the heating element.

The pumps designed for circulating hot water (up thread) are a much better solution. If they self primed they would be ideal.

3 Likes

1/2" hosing for the jacket

How much head pressure could this thing handle? And at what kind of flow?

How hot you taking your collection pot jesus lol

I use 500gph fountain pumps for 3 12×12 pots. 1 pump each

2 Likes

I once repurposed an inflatable hot tub heater/pump, got it in craigslist for free and it worked very well for me at the time.

1 Like

oh my…

if you click the link, the specs are right the (*&)($_@#+)($# there. :roll_eyes:

30l/min and 6meters

2 Likes

Yeah but it really doesn’t say anything in detail there

1 Like

At 6 meters it’s not pumping 30l/ min

absolutely. Taco & Grundfos publish curves

Hopefully my jet pump will do the job. Haha

1 Like

it should. and you should post a link to it.

The jet pump showed up today

This thing is massive, that’s a size 8 hat next to it

6 Likes

I second what @cyclopath said.

Less hose length, more insulation. Those two things alone will improve your heat exchange profoundly.

Also, I don’t think you need to upsize your heating, that souls vide should be plenty to get you by with your current setup.

5 Likes

If we talking CLS why would u wanna run the recovery temps above 90f anyways? That’ll be super fast and save terps.

I do 86f bc I feel inside my collection base is about 84f. So I’m always distilling the heavy gas off if there was any. But 90f is way faster than 85 . To hot you’ll darken the extract

Only reason I said this is bc some the pumps yall was saying was good but wouldn’t work bc you needed water hotter than it could take

Well 90f should be fine and really fast. Your biggest thing is gonna be how fast can you exchange the water back to the reservoir your heating

Thats what Ive been using because I had an extra one laying around when my usual 12v hot water pump casing cracked . its overkill for my needs, loud and to much pressure builds when flow is restricted.

my usual 12v Amazon.com

1 Like

I’m actually glad to hear you say that. I have a large loop in my recovery system and need all the pressure I can get for the monster I’m working on

2 Likes

Let us know how it goes!!!