Pneumatic stirrer for close loop

I can recover fast enough I’m creating a foam that will get sucked into my recovery path. Anyone care to share experience running with an overhead stirrer such as the ones Xtractor depot are pushing?

has anyone found a cheaper source? I have found one supplier and I’m just waiting on information regarding its suitability for our process.

The pneumatic mixers are loud compared to electric ones. The pneumatics also need a serious air compressor to run them. 100psi at 30cfm

2 Likes

Going rotary has its challenges. We brought the concept to the industry back in 2019 with our GD1 evaporator and then our Rotary Cannabinoid Miner in 2021.

For the latest evolution of the tech feel free to give us a holler. We are constantly improving the design to take it to the next level!

We now offer all of our equipment rated for our patent pending ProJak refrigeration technology - which eliminates costly power hungry heaters & chillers and replaces it with a low power consuming high kw output system that uses less power the colder it gets while still maintaining a high kw output. :muscle:

Magnetic coupling or bust
No lipseal should ever be used on flammable gasses under pressure

4 Likes

How big is the collection pot you Wich to stir ?
Magnetic stirring is a great option and should be easy to implement atex

1 Like

I can’t elaborate much but if you are in a legal setting and have to abide by class 1 division 1 rules. heres a little excerpt and a cheat sheet to what kind of electrical appliance/wiring you can use. Its legal even for c1d2 coded rooms as well with flexible cording. Would not recommend if you have employees operating your equipment however unless you trust a certain person/persons.

Their are a lot of options out there gl

1 Like

Agree completely on the compressor needs, but you can seriously drop the volume of pneumatic motors by putting a hose on the exhaust port (which is often a common NPT size) and putting the other side outside of your booth or venting outside your building entirely

5 Likes

I would love to hear about them, I would be happy to message you directly, but if possible, I would not mind putting the answers out here for everyone else to see

Unfortunately, I do have a lot of the expensive chillers and heaters already. I buy a lot of my equipment like buying things for small kids, giving a little room to be grown into.

My current bottleneck is just my collection vessel, and depending on the solution it’s either slifglty more or the same price for a stirrer versus a new tank, and then I can still upgrade to a new tank later to increase efficiency :grin:

I agree with the noise I have recently started using a Venturi style vacuum pump, but like you said, you can plum exhaust outside and then this may not be applicable, however the Venturi pump actually comes with any muffler for the exhaust, but may not work as in this application

Right now I’m only using about 65 pounds of solvent per run I’m using a bunch of 10 inch jacketed spools all stacked up

I am hoping to move to a 300 or 600 pound collection vessel from Xtractor Depot at some point. However, with the market the way it is I’m trying not to make big purchases unless I need it because the 40% increase due to conversion and up to 23% duty fee on the border is really brutal.

I appreciate the input and I’m vaguely aware of this as I was noticing the actual d1d1 motor model is expensive enough compared to the pneumatic. It would only be an extra few thousand dollars extra to get pneumatic and run with the compressor which would also give me the bonus of having extreme powerful compressor around