Please help

Someone sold me crude and after testing it I found that it only tested at 30% total THC

Is there any way I will be able to get my distillate to test over 70% total THC after three passes?

What kind of crude is it? BHO?

In all likelihood you’ll be able to hit the numbers you’d like to, assuming you pull tight fractions and are patient with your run. Your yields are gonna be bad though. I’d recommend not doing a third pass. You’re more likely to degrade the product at that point than polish it any further. Just my $0.02

2 Likes

It’s etoh extracted. Do you think my yield will be around 20%

Whats your color like? Has this crude been winterized or scrubbed at all?

I’d say 20 % is gonna be your best case scenario.

Wow!! I really got fucked

I’m tired of these people trying to rip off others of vents on the dollar.

1 Like

Sorry to hear it man. Hopefully you didn’t pay too much for the crude.

Thanks man…

2600L x 10

It’s winterized supposedly but knows.

I’ll send a photo ASAP

I see a future where there is a better escrow system. Like blockchain for wholesale–no trust needed to make an exchange. In our (very regulated) market we request CoA of the bulk oil and a 5 g sample FIRST so we can test it in-house, then we adjust the deal if we need to (priced out per gram active).

So sorry this happened to you. Keep us updated with the pics.

1 Like

If it’s not already winterized, you’ll know when you start running it.

You shouldn’t really have a problem getting distillate with 70% THC even with that low potency, unless you have a lot of CBD (or other cannabinoids) in that crude too.

What was the total cannabinoid %? Any other significant cannabinoids in the crude?

Your yield will just be low compared to a higher % THC crude, but you should still have no problem getting the potency 70%+, you will just get less total distillate. Make sense?

2 Likes

Yeah totally makes sense. I’m just worried that I won’t get over 15% of main body

1 Like

I would expect more like 30% yield, with a 65-70% potency. But the proof is always in the pudding.
This is an estimate using my conservative fall back numbers of a 66% yield, of 80-90% potency from crude with around 55%-70% target compound.

Only time will tell.

Thanks man for your input

1 Like

Happy to converse, my friend.