Plastic syringes destroying flavor

Anyone here notice that storing your cut distillate in plastic syringes for more than a day has a huge impact on the flavor, and even affects color? Any verification or general feedback is most appreciated!

Why not just use borosilicate syringes?

2 Likes

I use these glass dab syringes-> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J1W8SS9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Same ones I use.

1 Like

Cost is the primary issue, we just realized after an amazing run, (a fresh cart of Maui wowie from Denver terps was phenomenal with my disty, but after ONE day in a plastic syringe an obvious flavor/ slight color difference from fresh cart)
…my company invested in about 1500 plastic syringes, and it seems getting them moved before buying better receptacles is our only option… anyone know of the cheapest/best glass syringes? Thank you again!!

1 Like

2 Likes

I can’t see 1500 plastic syringes costing more than $200. Tell your higher ups to
Stop being cheap and use the plastic syringes for something else. :man_facepalming:t3:

Good luck. Usually the cheapest source for these is China and they won’t be back in business till March.

6 Likes

I appreciate the help!

Looks like great quality glass, just what we need!

I compare storing my fine disty in plastic to storing wine in a damn Pepsi bottle

3 Likes

yeah, their spring break is killing me.

1 Like

My supplier is working like a dog over these 3 weeks. She’s in Korea this week. Russia next week and Chicago the last week. Wonder who she is visiting there; not me???

4 Likes

She ever visit Colorado?

Thanks for the verification!

1 Like