Pipe (Spool/Column) Hangers?

Baller option, with a little modification.

3 Likes

huge fan of these…

3 Likes

Well then…

That was fast work!

4 Likes

Here’s a setup that me and one of @c1d1labs welder’s design a while back. Just used a piece of 1/2” steel and welded the clamps to it.

Works like a charm and it’s strong as an ox.

6 Likes

I have a lot of customized “things” coming out this month

2 Likes

So I usually just head to my local University overstock shoppe (I have found them in Missouri, Colorado, Arizona, and California…probably there is one near you?)

And I snag the stuff I used while I was in school for doing chromatography and distillation. :slight_smile:

Mostly it ends up being stuff like these – chain clamps. There are bigger ones available (like HUGE, I’ve seen them used to hold down industrial scale centrifuges before…) It looks like Lab Society has some available, perhaps tailored to their solutions?

Or things like these – swivel clamp mount hangers. I’ve seen Behringer make bigger ones - their 6" comes standard. It looks like @Soxhlet uses these as well.

My personal favorite for quick connect and disconnect has been a three-part tri-clamp that my local machine shop added a mounting rod too. Boy I wish I would have taken that with me - or at least gotten pictures. I didn’t realize how good I had it with that one!

Back then I was still using tri-clamp sanitary fittings for everything. So we had dozens and dozens of them to be able to play around with to get them to do what we wanted. I miss them. It almost looks like the ones @Waxplug1 says will be available soon. <3

Gosh I love this place.

3 Likes

I purchases these at local welding supply. Intended application is welding bottle/tanks. They don’t clamp tight on my 6" material columns, but don’t nee. They have worked for 2 years.

7 Likes