Pink Distillate Quick Fix?

Hi,

I have some distillate that is slowly turning pink after it is heated up and exposed to air.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I would like to add something to the boiling flask in order to prevent this color change from occurring or is the only option better storage conditions?

Thanks

You might want to look at ur steps b4 u distilled, did it go thru any high or low ph bleaching powders?
Usually when u see pink or purple oxidation, its because of a ph imbalance in the oil

4 Likes

Yes, would adding citric acid or baking soda fix the problem in the boiling flask?

This Tek is to complicated; I can’t use some of these solvents and don’t want to use water to scrub my oil and change pH. I’m looking to add something to the adsorbents or the boiling flask of my distillation system or in Ethanol during homogenization/winterization.

Looking at my adsorbents, the problem is low pH.

1 Like

Are you scrubbing it prior to distilling? Ive had good luck with adding baking soda as the last part of the scrub to neutralize it, worked great when water clear was all the rage.

7 Likes

And laminar flow :octopus::yum:

1 Like