Piecing together a small SPD - what do you think?

Same here. I have two in an igloo with my pumps for my jackets

Anyone here use one of those delta-9 technologies SPD heads? Does that long vigreux channel aid any?

3 Likes

I’m surprised it isn’t 4x times the price with the company name delta-9 technologies. :joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

that angle looks crazy steep on the condenser, I wonder how low the collection flasks would sit?

I wonder if it’s really Delta 9 tech?

It’s definitely a cheap Chinese head at that price but interesting that’s it’s different than all the rest of the mainstream China heads.

What do you think about that tall vigreux column?

as long as your good and insulated your good to go. I like that chineese packable head, looks promising.

1 Like

These both look packable but the fat one has a shorter packable column and bigger id and of it looks like. Maybe better throughout with less fraction separation?

This is the one I am looking at. Want to use it on a full bore 500ml system

1 Like

Don’t buy it from them I think I found a different supplier of that same Chinese glass

1 Like

Nice, I am now needing one asap. I was cleaning and had an accident. Broke mine and the cow also. Slipped out of hand and dropped one on the other cracked both

1 Like

Do you plan on packing it? The curve column May inhibit the use of packing materials

Wasnt planning on it at the moment. I may eventually but I will work around that when I need to

Ok I cannot find the counterpart to that exact curved head with long spaced out vigreux indents. I found the large straight column version for 1/3 the price but not that particular one

1 Like

I have been looking a bit also. This seems to be the best bang for the buck. I will make a final desion tomorrow. I had good success with a 2l head on a 500ml system. 300ml run,start to finish about 4 hrs.

2 Likes

I’m looking for a fat bore 5l head possibly packable and will swap 1l, 2l flasks in as needed

im gonna watch closely cause i was always under the impression the 5 liter head would be too much for my 500ml system, but hoping you guys make that false.

I think it might be also, but what the hell. I can always use it in my larger system

1 Like

If the joint size is 45/50 you might have to use an adapter to use your small flasks. But the larger the diameter of your vapor path, the easier it is for molicules to get where they need to go.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232124888712

2 Likes

Everything I have is 24/40 and so is the 5l head I am looking at. I feel this and the other parts would give me a wide bore kit worth trying. Also saw that you might can get 24/40 to kf25 in ptfe for decent price

1 Like

If you find a 1l of that, Holla atcha boy.