PID controller help

That is the extension cord cut and connected to a switch and receptacle outlet, grounded to both of them.

Edit: forgot to mention i redid everything on the wiring

so either show the whole thing, or DRAW what you’ve built as a schematic.

why would you cut an extension cord, plug it into and outlet, and only use ONE of the three connection?!? if ALL you needed was the black wire, then toss the outlet and the extension cord.

connect the neutral correctly, and the system as shown in your video should work when plugged into the wall.

I have no clue what the additions you’ve just reveled do, because you’ve not shown how they are connected.

1 Like

I told you that is an OLD design

I redid ALL the wires.
I showed this. This is what I reconnected and I replied with what I connected everything to in text.

This here is the stripped power cord connected to a switch and receptacle outlet. On the switch a hot wire leads to SSR terminal 1 where it connects to terminal 10 on the PID. The common wire that connects the receptacle to the power cord has a hot wire leading from the power receptacle to terminal 2 on the SSR where it connects to PID terminal 9. 3 and 4 on the SSR are connected to 8 and 6.

What plugs into the outlet?

1 Like

The power supply.

Which i need to connect to the heat pad wires.

Wires on the power supply are quite small though.

Other than that I think everything is good? Just worried about plugging it in

I hope this helps.

1 Like

So can you show how the outlet is wired to the SSR.

Or better yet ALL of your wiring.

2 Likes

worst case it pops your breaker, and you reset it.
Did it work?

3 Likes

I have not tried it

1 Like

give it a go?

3 Likes

I asked greywolf one last question

I hooked up a switch and receptacle outlet with it

Just finished wiring the cart gun and power supply together

1 Like

the wire terminations are better :slight_smile: i cant tell what you’ve done with the wiring circuit wise. i would have ditched the ssr however, tho it looks liek youre using the ssr to switch the 110v/12v power supply?

1 Like

this yellow sketch is kinda alrite. i would have still done it a bit differently as you generally want the ssr directly switching the load, which would require a ssr with 12v12v load/imput side

1 Like

Parts on hand…

I didn’t order them.

1 Like

You think it’ll work? I had to buy some new things. Spent under what I would buying a premade one. Now time to buy a case.
If it works that is

or a 120V heater… :thinking:

3 Likes

what i thought was going on in the first place…

2 Likes

A powder based extinguisher can put out electrical fires adequately, but many of the powders used are corrosive, not to mention the mess created by their use. CO2 extinguishers will put out electrical fires without the damage or mess. Be sure not to contact any circuits with the nozzle when in use, and be mindful of the frost created on the extinguisher components when discharged.

4 Likes

It works

Who wants to see me plug it in and turn it on? I am still looking for a box in my garage to put it in. Metal or plastic for material?

No electrical fire started or anything either. Just need to figure out how to change it from Celcifat to Fahrengod.

5 Likes

I can’t tell what terminology is used in jest or not…I’m not a meme maker but I would insert Simpsons Ralph saying “I’m an elektrishin now”

3 Likes

Doesn’t really matter if you use plastic or metal, but of you opt for the latter just remember to ground the box itself.

4 Likes