PID controller help

Static images. Video is too big. Unless you host and link.

If you’ve only got one wire going to your outlet you don’t have any usable Electrickery (but if you stick a fork in it and provide a route to ground, you might disagree).

Can we have a picture of the inside (wiring) if that outlet please?

Yeah, but @CapitalismSucks420 :shushing_face:

5 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy: :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

You made me laugh so loud I surprised myself. :heart::heart:

5 Likes

what type of box? like a project pox or a breaker box?

1 Like

A PID box like what sidco replied with but a little bigger

I get it lmao

What happens when you tie a bear and a bull together

Not sure what make your pid control is, you might try googling it.
Otherwise companies like the link @Sidco_Cat shared provide project boxes for their products.
Most of the time project boxes come blank, plastic/ aluminum ones are easily cut with a plunge router or Dremel tool. If you need alot of them made you might ask a local shop to cut them or inquire with a company who makes enclosures to produce them.
For small scale production I would pattern route the holes with a bearing bit.

you might use some clamps like this on the back side of your router fixture to hold the part.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/POWERTEC-500-lbs-Horizontal-Quick-Release-Toggle-Clamp-4-Pack-20326/307396164?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&mtc=Shopping-B-F_D25T-G-D25T-MULTI-Multi-NA-Feed-SMART-NA-NA-PortablePower_SmartShopping_HighOrganic&cm_mmc=Shopping-B-F_D25T-G-D25T-MULTI-Multi-NA-Feed-SMART-NA-NA-PortablePower_SmartShopping_HighOrganic-71700000081625943-58700006942154417-92700062499001865&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9O6HBhCrARIsADx5qCQtJJvQz6PKddrbfyPCXYv8GaWnx1zJ4KG1QaujCUGAgn-GJiY6mDYaAun1EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

2 Likes

Shredded Beef?

5 Likes

Red bull?

4 Likes

The Wolf of Wall Street

2 Likes

No the stock market collapses

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll probably buy a box tho and go from there. I have a plan like always.

1 Like

For just one, a small Dremel tool would do the job.

2 Likes

Ok i have no clue if I have one of those but I can ask or find one

Do you have a a harbor freight tools/ cheap hardware store in your area?
Alternatives would be 3d printing an enclosure?

2 Likes

Sadly don’t have a 3d printer.

I’ll probably check rural farm, home depot etc

1 Like

&

a little more expensive, but no tools required if you pick the right model

4 Likes

I can provide a picture yes my bad. Forgot to check that, was told may need to just disconnect my switch

Bingo! There is no neutral to outlet. I was able to confirm with OP @CapitalismSucks420 that the PID and SSR are functioning correctly.

1 Like

yeah, you need to turn the voltage waaaay up to get electrickery to go anywhere when you wire it that way…

…and then it just goes fucking everywhere:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

:sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like