PHO oil flavoring

Hello everyone , I’m looking for some input on the best way to add flavored terpenes/ natural terps back into PHO oil/dab product. Currently running product tho CRC. Curious as to what stage they are added (during extraction or post) for best efficiency of flavor. And maybe a % of terps to grams so as not to over flavor them. Looking to try and do 250g-500g at a time if that helps, if anyone would be willing to share your knowledge with me it would be greatly appreciate it!

Depending on the consistency of the concentrate that you want to add to. Honestly I would probably just put a drop in each gram container after you separate them

1 Like

You’re wanting to add terpenes to a propane hash oil, that did not come from that extraction process? Like adding botanical terps to PHO?

Don’t do that. You’re gonna have a bad time…

8 Likes

6 Likes

I’ve always added terpenes directly into the collection pot.

4 Likes

I thought he was saying he wants to use cannabis derived Terpene.

1 Like

Shits already gonna be terpy if its made with propane tho.

5 Likes

Doesn’t sound that way to me. But they very well may mean cannabis derived.

1 Like

Right. Like that’s the whole point.

Must be blasting boof with propane for a speedy recovery as opposed to retaining the terps.

6 Likes

When you’re making shatter, adding terps to the collection pot before the run or introducing terpene/solvent mixtures towards the end of recovery was the most effective way to get more flavor into the extract without fucking up the shatter consistency.

Mixing the terpenes into a slab at the end of a purge always fucked the shatter consistency up for me.

I kinda doubt op is making shatter tho.

1 Like

Our biomass is not allways bud We do a lot of trim and lower end biomass. So not a lot f terps in it. So yes natural or Botanical terpenes.

Thank you for bringing the visual for my reference. That’s exactly it. Well done sir.

1 Like

Why do you say that? Just curious, lookin to expand what we make and thus has been asked for so I would like to try, was hoping I could get a head start.

You’re talking about biomass that should probably be run to distillate. So I get why you’re trying to do this, and shit if the custie wants it…even better. However, simply starting with proper biomass with terps in it seems to be the easiest path forward to me. But you’ve got a bunch of bio to do something with…so you’ve got to do something…

1 Like

Thanks man we are not currently making shatter just dabs. But same concept could still apply!

Yes sir! We run fantastic bud runs!..but 3x as much lower end biomass…yes it’s a polished turd haha… so just looking to…emprove the turd haha

2 Likes

So here is a thought. Pull HTE from your runs that have too much. You’re looking to flavor a high THCa concentrate, remove HTE to hit the right point on potency and flavor. Use that removed HTE to flavor THCa from the boof.

This is literally what I used to do if I was not carting the HTE.

5 Likes