Personal product testing

I’ve seen 2-3 of this style

2 Likes

Any reviews on either of those 2?

i need something I can test disty with (within 10% accuracy) of total d9 thc content

I’ll ask Kam when he gets back from Thailand. I wouldn’t reccommend the former but let me double check I haven’t used that one with the center hole and I think it’s better.

1 Like

Pay attention to the cost per analysis.
GC costs 15 cents, the Orange costs 15 dollars per.
Thats a 100:1 difference is operating cost.

1 Like

For about $10,000 you can have the SRI GC which does exactly what you want and costs 15 cents per 10minute analysis to operate.

Its my understanding that devices like this generate a light reflection pattern.
Based on that pattern they conclude that the sample must be White Widow ( or some other strain of cannabis ). Then they look up White Widow’s typical potency from a data base in the cloud.
The cloud says White Widow is typically 17% THC so that’s the answer you get.
These devices do not actually measure the THC, they infer the answer, not measure it.

1 Like

Exactly all of these small handheld units I’ve seen don’t actually test the composition of the material they attempt to id the strain and look it up in a database. Worthless if you ask me.

Get the best of both worlds. Buy a cheap used fid sri gc then get @srihugh1 to add the heated inj port and the proper column

Those things are worthless unfortunately. I wish they had an accurate way of testing in a small package like that though

1 Like

That thing looks sweet. If be interested to see the accuracy of that thing vs an sriGC.

1 Like

With gas chromatography its usually the other way around since the column through which the sample passes is typically non-polar. Non-polar column have higher temperature limits which is helpful since the temperature required to get the THC through is higher that what most polar columns can tolerate.
So a polar molecule elutes earlier in a typical GC analysis when a non-polar column is used.
The normal elution order is THCv, CBD, CBC, d8THC, D9THC, CBG, CBN

If you do find a used SRI GC then know that we will still support it and you.
Make sure the used SRI GC is a " C" model. Either 8610C or 310C.
The earlier models (before the C model ) could not heat high enough to really do a good jhob with cannabis.
The FID detector is a “must have” as it is expensive to add. So don’t waste money on a used SRI that does not already have a FID detector.
The heated injector is optional, but makes it possible to measure cannabis samples that are mostly the acidic forms ( THCA rather than already decarbed d9THC ).
If you only measure already decarbed concentrates, then the heated injector is not essential.
If you can find a used SRI with FID detector for under $2,000 then it makes sense to buy it and pay SRI to do the required updating.
If you are not sure, call us and give us the e-bay link and we will give you an honest appraisal.
Hugh
SRI
310-214-5092

4 Likes