Pentane steam terps tek

This thread is such a tease. @apothecary36

1 Like

@Apothecary36 why?

1 Like

ever smelled bubble hash water
ā€¦smells like the plant. it must either steal em or taint em

I have and steam distillation water. Steam distillation water is more rank but could it perhaps be from other water soluble chemicals in the plant separating out? Ice hash doesnā€™t smell like that.

My concern with pentane is not fully removing it using a roto. And too much exposure to heat with fractional distillation.

2 Likes

Iā€™m dumbass idk what I was thinking the terps I have are steam and I love them

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t say that. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with a differing opinion. The jury will always be out unless data is presented and conclusions are replicated.

Iā€™m still trying to figure out why that stuff smells so vile. Iā€™m honestly just curious why you guys are doing steam with pentane.

1 Like

Thatā€™s interesting. I hear people on here rail against steam, always was curious about why? Iā€™ve had good results with it, but I guess if done improperly you might get that popcorn smell?

1 Like

Pentane terps are meant to be mixed into oil and purged after mixing

3 Likes

@qma

are steam distilled.the shit or what

@qma is the reigning terpologists

Steam for monoterps and non-terpene low boiling point volatiles

Hydrocarbon for the fruity fatty acid esters and alcohols.

CO2 for sesquiterpenes and non-volatile terpenoids.

Each method targets a different part of the aroma. No method gets the entire thing. Try mixing cannabis terpenes extracted in different ways and youā€™ll see what youā€™re looking for.

12 Likes

I like hydrocarbon plus steam, I am not a terpologist though. I play one on tv

7 Likes

Adding bottled terps to bho is nice for that complex aroma, not too much though

1 Like

I see so pentane terp stripping is just an aim to get a different profile or at least a different means to get a certain profile the others arenā€™t good at.

That makes sense with what Iā€™ve done and seen other people do. Kinda explains the darker color of CO2 as the color compounds tend to be heavier like sesquiterpenes.

@stoopkid thanks for putting that into context, you taught me something new today.

1 Like

Can a petane system rival or outdo butane or propane in quality? @Apothecary36

Any improvements or new ideas regarding pentane tek guys?

1 Like

Close but a pentane /h2o steam distillation defenatly can you just need to heat them up separated

4 Likes

Honestly bho when done proper and when you know how to crystalize proper should yield a nice hte that is unrivaled by any distilled terps. Kinda no point in running anything but bho for terps in my opinion. Iā€™m sure the king will come in here and say his ultra short path is the way or the other king will say membranes but I think bho will reign supreme in quality and scalability

13 Likes

Facts. Nothing compares imo

4 Likes

Supercritical methane bro

6 Likes

Damn, so pentane setup cant beat bho?

1 Like

tell me I wonā€™t hook my gas service up to a pvc tube loaded with brown shake and blast it into a dish in my standing pilot oven to purge. I dare you

4 Likes