Pennyhead 10-18

You should be able to get this from lab glassware suppliers, locally, such as VWR, Carl Roth, Huberlab etc. Should write them an email because it may not necessary appear in online catalogue.

Otherwise there is China. Many suppliers there, such as Lab1st.

Or as suggested above, local glass blowers. This is the nicest solution.

2 Likes

Thanks anyway

Searching but in the mean time the tapering on these glass or ptfe is very similar to what you need might be an option as plug with grease

2 Likes

In fact we forgot about the best glass supplier. :man_facepalming:

You should try with @david .
He will have this, he’s fast and reliable.

Look up here @david glassware and adapters sales section

6 Likes

Okay, I’ve found who can weld the glass stopper. One more thing or a suggestion for a diaphragm pump capable of being effective for pumping about 20 grams of concentrate into the 50ml flask?

This is my 50ml mantle and this is my distillation head. What type of vacuum pump for this setup?

Can this pump fit?

specifications

Condition: new

Voltage: 220V 50Hz

Scope: 9.0CFM; 227 L / min -255 L / min

Final vacuum: 5Pa / 0.05Mbar

Factory micron rating: 15 microns

Phase 2

Rotation speed: 1720 rpm

Power: 1 HP

Input port: 1/4 “SAE and 3/8” SAE

Oil capacity: 300ml

sure, but you needed to be PRODDED to provide Italy.

guess what. the all knowing one can also be prodded thusly.

(see fine manual: https://support.google.com/programmable-search/answer/9210145?hl=en)

viola:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=glass+stopper+10+18&cr=countryIT

1 Like

yep. for that wee rig it should work just fine…

see: 500ml or 2L - #17 by cyclopath for illustration.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, @cyclopath in the links you gave me glass stopper 10 18 - Google Search Did you manage to see anything? I don’t😁

yes and no.

there are at least a couple of lab glassware links that come up on the first page with that search.

at least one I checked had stoppers, but only in 10/19.

came to the conclusion that the Italians either use their very own set of stopper sizes, or call them differently.

figure that’s and exercise for the reader :wink:

Edit: (my reading of that link suggests it’s just a nomenclature glitch, but only way to know it to try it…:shushing_face:).

Still reckon that 12mm ptfe rod in a variable speed drill with a sharp tool and a steady-rest would solve it.

Not certain you couldn’t just warm the joint just right and stuff it in!!!

1 Like

First learning test, this is my setup, 50ml boiling flask with about 15 grams of bho concentrate, Chinese mantle, china distillation head dry run, 9 cfm 1hp two stage rotary vane pump. No right pressure gauge to avoid any leaks, despite this my condenser and the receiving balloon are always dry, what suggestion do you give me?

Can’t see your videos. Try to upload again, but make sure you wait for each video to say 100% uploaded before you add the next or hit reply.

Forgive my google translator.
:disappointed_relieved:

I know perfectly well that the temperature is too high, I went to this temperature to try to understand if the fault is the pump, the material to be distilled or the distillation head? The pump gives it about 17 or 12 microns.
The probe is inserted between the mantle and the balloon