Pelletmasters 8" 10 HP pellet mill in Colorado

Pelletmasters 8" die 10 HP pellet mill. Runs on 208-240V 3 phase power. If you need help/consultation on phase converters to run on single phase power I can help with that too.

This is one for compacting animal feed pellets (I.E. lower compaction rate) which is a better option for biomass you want to extract

The one I have for sale is red not green as their website shows
Includes power cord, 3MM, 4MM and 6MM dies. I also made up some spacers to reduce the amount of material that moves around the rollers. Has around 30 hours runtime on it, and the 4 and 6MM dies are conditioned for making pellets already.

Selling because we bought it to repelletize material that was overcompacted and then shredded, and found that it wasn’t cost effective with how much labor was involved vs how much customer wanted to pay for extraction.

Located in Strasburg CO east of Denver. Can deliver around the Denver/Boulder/Fort Collins area or strap to a pallet and ship LTL. Originally paid $3700 for pellet mill & additional dies delivered, selling for $2500 OBO + freight

2 Likes

have you thrown post extraction biomass at it?

@cyclopath yes. Have to mix some water into it to get the right consistency to pelletize, but it does do it. Probably won’t like excessive stem/stalk material IMO.

2 Likes

Bump bump bump

bump bump bump. Now located near Greeley instead of Strasburg.

We have one of these as well that we played with for a while. 5-10% moisture is ideal and spent biomass is fine as long as there are no long pieces of biomass to get tangled up in the hopper.

2 Likes

What kind of throughput can this thing handle? Also how fine of material has to be in the input? Shredded? Milled?

@Shynelabs they claim 20 lbs per hp per hour on a 6mm die which says 200 lbs/hr for this machine, our bottleneck was getting the biomass to the right moisture and mixed well before going in the inlet, but I think 200-250 lbs/hr is more than doable, our material was finely shredded and had no stems/stalk/root material, I’d guess 1/16" max particle size for what we were pelletizing but max particle size is dependent on what die you are using too, can use larger input material on 8mm die than you can with a 4 mm die

2 Likes

Bumping this again, realized I still have this sitting in a corner of my shop $2000 OBO.

2 Likes