Peer Review/where can I find build guide for clamps and pressure ratings

Looking for peer review services and current build guide lines for Oklahoma BHO processing machines. I need to make sure my clamps and columns and everything are correct for my BHO set up. I know I need a process flow diagram/parts list. I want to update my knowledge… I called PSI from colorado, and spoke to them, but I want other options…any help would be awesome

Call the manufacturer of your system, they should have paperwork on their side

2 Likes

its custom… ive built 4 other machines …but this is the first time we will have to get it reviewed… its nothing special…

Oh this should be good… Rowan…

Triclamp/triclover fittings vary from mfg to mfg

Premium USA made clamps will always carry higher pressure ratings- if you care about this sort of thing, you will be paying the extra to get those ratings.

Chinese pressure ratings arent worth the steel they are stamped on imo…

Cause what are you gonna do? File a lawsuit against a chinese company when your federally illegal BHO system fails and kills people?

3 Likes

ok so… i should go spend 185k on a ironfist or a bizzy>?

3 Likes

You sound like Elliott, accept he’s a better person

1 Like

or is that your advice for someone asking a question

1 Like

Have you checked the skunkpharm website? This kind of thing is old news at this point. I think people are assuming your system will be compliant since that’s where this industry is at.

Do you have the two piece clamps or the one piece clamps? What’s the biggest triclamp flange on your system? What do you intend to run, butane or propane?

3 Likes

BHO…i have 8" columns… with the regular tri-clamps, but i know thats not going to work… 8" columns need a flange and i get that… so if i want to run 8 inch columns … whats the problem… ive already built a machine with a 8 column… it ran fine and it was safe… recovered well

Starting at 6" triclamp flanges and up you should have two piece high pressure clamps

psi-1

Also a “flange” is the point where the gasket sits, the term doesn’t denote a size.

Just because it worked doesn’t mean it’s safe. You should always apply a safety factor of at least 3 for the pressure rating of the system you’re building.

7 Likes

No.

Buy high pressure clamps from a reputable vendor based in the US, if you care to do so

4 Likes

LJ Starr makes quality high pressure clamps.

3 Likes

Hfs sells stamped rigs a lot cheaper but aren’t s they just glorified Chinese

2 Likes

Chinese and hardly glorified.

2 Likes

Hell if I remember correctly someone here had several @Killa12345 rigs certified

3 Likes

All glory to china

Don’t units need an internal sanitary polishing to be certified?

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

Not a clue