Patent and Trademark resource

Anyone looking into patents and trademarks and need help? Prefer to reach out and chat with an IP Paralegal prior to spending thousands at a law office?

Since @moronnabis believes that something huge is about to occur on the patent side of the marijuana industry and after reading the thread above, I was curious if anyone is looking for some help into researching patents and trademarks. My wife has been working as a paralegal/legal assistant in the IP industry for the past 3 years. She enjoys the work and has excelled in her roles. Feel free to send me a DM and I can get you in contact with her.

Hopefully she can help send you on the path to success. Thank you.

Here’s a brief description about her background in IP Law

Patent/Trademark prosecution support, including electronic filing of US applications/responses (US and PCT. Handle general prosecution timeline for each), foreign applications and responses, IDS’s, assignments, prior art, other support documents; daily maintenance/operation of docketing system including the docketing of all prosecution and due dates for all patents, annuities and trademarks; maintaining and generating docket reports for attorneys; legal support for discovery, researching, basic due diligence; transactional support with scanning, review for critical dates, ensuring timely response for correspondence.

8 Likes

If she feels like reading …and wants to opine a bit…
Page two Gene Pool Technologies Inc.

https://developer.uspto.gov/ptab-web/#/search/decisions

Go for it…

2 Likes

Will forward this. Thanks

I just received an email from my trademark attorney regarding a USPTO office action that is requiring clarification on the trademark with regards to the nature of the products I sell.

Specifically:

1. Do any of the identified goods contain tetrahydrocannabinols (THC) or other cannabinoids that are derived from marijuana (i.e. cannabis sativa L. with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) concentration more than 0.3 percent)? If yes, identify the goods.

2. Do any of the identified goods include or contain any tetrahydrocannabinols (THC) or other cannabinoids that are synthetically produced from non-cannabis materials? If yes, identify the goods.

3. Do any of the identified goods include or contain any tetrahydrocannabinols (THC) or other cannabinoids that are derived from hemp (i.e. cannabis sativa L. with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) concentration of not more than 0.3 percent)? If yes, identify the goods.

4. Do any of the identified goods include tetrahydrocannabinols or other cannabinoids that do not occur naturally in the cannabis plant? If yes, identify the goods.

5. Do any of the identified goods include or contain “a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) concentration of more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis”? If yes, identify the goods

Curious if anyone else received anything similar, and what the outcome was. It is frustrating to see other nationally recognized brands with active trademarks without issue, but I get harassed yearly trying to protect my DBA name. I don’t have any trademarks for specific products. Simply trying to maintain the right to use my business name. Thoughts?

1 Like

They want to place you in a category. Patents and trademarks specifically are only enforceable per market they are in. Just be honest with them if you want the trademark enforceable.

1 Like

Hi,
I’m no attorney but did look into patents several years ago. Check into Provisional & Non provisional filing application… The least expensive way that I’m aware of and a firm like legal zoom can due . Patent pending status can be granted within a timeline (usually 2yrs) towards full patent, sale or manufacturing products for the consumer market. Date of conception, log dairy, illustrations, receipts, etc. will be part(s) of your idea which will fall into a category. Also, check your county//state library for Intellectual Properties Dept. this area is either free or subscription… If or when you get access to the library, search for the closest idea to yours for comparison… I’ve used the IBM intellectual property library in Los Angels many times.
Oh… YouTube has vid-clips on subject.
Regards,

It sounds like they want to be told No for each question.

1 Like

Reading through it carefully, I can honestly answer no for each question. I would like to believe that is all it is, but I am not so sure.

1 Like

“With trademarks, if there are certain marks that could be confused with the other, the USPTO likes to see where the differences lie as to avoid market confusion.”
This is what my wife says. Pretty much what @Lightbulb said. A way to categorize you in case similar trademarks show up.

2 Likes