Passive setup question

Hello, hope this message finds you all well. I recently had my cmep need a rebuild on me and I tried a passive run and achieved a decent run time that I am willing to work with to improve because it was only 20 mins slower than the pump(Im only doing a couple runs a day now so it works out). My question is do I need to run my heated “expansion column” after my collection pot that is as a mole sieve/ to save hash from going into the pump and if so does it still need to be heated (trying to figure out if I am causing a bottle neck from my collection pot to my solvent tank) . I am heating the “expansion column” then to the collection pot because that allowed it stay heated to keep the solvent a vapor /collecting hash before going into my cmep.

3 Likes

No reason not to keep your mol seives heated. Just focus on your heating power and your vapor path diameter, them your cooking power and insulation

3 Likes

should the collection pot be hotter than the sieve because they are both the same temp right now being heated off the same recirculation. the water goes in the mole sieve first then to the pot so I would say the sieve is hotter than the pot by a few degrees. Trying to figure out if this is slowing me down , I know “butane chases the cold” so it is said.

2 Likes

Leave it if you already have it.

Biggest thing with passive is having coils and tank in slurry. Pull vac on empty pre chilled tank before starting your recovery. Shit will rip. (3/8” or bigger lines will help a lot)

And responding to your question above, same temp is fine. Your solvent tank will be pulling vac, if you are doing it the way I described above

4 Likes

Thank you for the answers, I appreciate it very much!

2 Likes

Heating the mol sieve will help. I’ve had solvent get hung up in there before.

9 Likes