Passive Recovery Time

Half inch recovery lines. As little restriction as possible

2 Likes

just bleeding nitrogen from the solvent tank from the initial push

4 Likes

You keep the solvent extremely cold right? Why not vac it after venting, then start recovery when the tank is at vacuum and solvent/collection is up to temp? Just asking.

3 Likes

I use 3/8 all around.

All my liquid lines are ⅜, too. But, my recovery is ½ all the way through. I just made that change and I recovered a run in like 15 min. I nearly shat

5 Likes

i inject into a coil and recover through a coil so yes it’s very cold. my solvent tank holds way more solvent then one run so can’t vac it down cause it still has a bunch of tane in it after the run. So i bleed off the nitrogen and leave it open until my recovery flow starts going and then close it once it starts. my tank will start to pull vac once the flow begins

4 Likes

Oh. Ok, ya don’t pull vac if it’s not cold enough. If your tank was chilled @ -50 or colder, with normal butane, then it would be ok. But, if the tank isn’t chilled, ya I wouldn’t. With it being chilled, it’s the best/safest spot to safely remove nitrogen from the system.

Your stones are beautiful BTW, man. I have a gorgeous set finishing off this week and I’ll pop em open when I get back

3 Likes

When the tane flows from the coil to the tank it chills the tank and begins to pull vac on it without it being chilled beforehand. I got the tank jacketed and pull vac on the jacket to assist this. Thanks man much appreciated​:pray: Look forward to seeing your next round of beauties :gem:

3 Likes

alright sounds good i will be upgrading lines for sure before next run
i am also going to try the dry ice slurry see if that helps i have always only used dry ice by itself but i just got a bigger system so the extra cold should help just need a little help with ratios i put my coil in a bucket and then fill to top with dry ice should i also fill to the top with iso (submerge it) or should like half full with iso be enough

When making slurry add liquid first then slowly add dry ice to liquid letting it dissolve. Over small time period according to ur amount slurry(alcohol) u use, the dry ice added will cool it down.

Don’t go to fast adding dry ice or you’ll boil your solvent over. You’ll get the hang of it over time how much you can add at once and how long it’ll be before you can add more. Usually minutes

1 Like

i do like 1/3 alcohol and it seems to work fine did 1/2 a few times and saw no difference. making a slurry will definitely help over just dry ice though.

1 Like

do you straight up put it in the water next to your cls or use a waterpump recirculate hot water from one bucket to the cls

a jacketed spool/base and a pump makes less mess, but throwing your collection pot into a heavy duty tote with some water and your sous vide unit works too.

2 Likes

Take you’re time

What kind of gas loss should i expect when running passive? I use about 20 lbs of gas for a 5lb run. I feel as if im losing atleast 5lbs of gas per run. Not sure if it is from excessive bleeding or gas remaining on bags/weed. It is hard being in Denver where my marshall will not allow for recovery coils.

Just leave your recovery on DI until your head pressure goes below 0. Then you would have recovered all of your Solvent from your biomass.

2 Likes

im using a wax blanket,i dont know to link it, its not the most accurate but it works, the bucket and pump, not jacketed

how do you get your solvent tank to -50?
I would love to be able to do that if it isnt another $4k

you save the acetone for reuse and is there any steps to remove water after a few runs?
Or is it not worth the hassle?

I reuse acetone for my coils and new acetone for my tane bottle. Every once in awhile i through the used acetone out and start from scratch

1 Like