Passive Recovery Time

Plane ntane. All passive. recovery tank is not chilled it gets pretty frozen after the first recovery though and is chilled the rest of the day. no vacuum on the recovery tank. I do start the recovery with a purge line open coming off the tank during recovery. the entire collection vessel is jacketed 8x30. I flow 130f water through the jacket and let the pressure get to 40 or 50psi and then recover. Just keep the coil topped of with dry ice and your good to go

2 Likes

no stall on injection cause it’s pushed with nitrogen. same concept i do 30 psi or so in to the coil, and then on recovery it’s the same process just using heat to build pressure instead of the nitrogen

2 Likes

I recover about 80°

1 Like

I gotta $50 tankless water heater as well, 2.5 gallon. Rock on!!!

3 Likes

25-30 in 45 at 130? That’s slow. If I push to 120 I’ll push close to 2lbs a min passive.

Need some help with running that correct?

6 Likes

Nope running great and pretty fast

tried to post a video of recovery but it was to large? it was only 13 seconds long?

At 130. That’s slow. I don’t go above 86 and run faster. I must not be doing it right.

3 Likes

i must be doing it wrong then it’s just my system that i designed for myself.?

how big is your collection vessel? @Dred_pirate

12" collection. Personally I hate it, it’s too big. I could go faster with better surface area. With an 8" or even a 10".

1 Like

yeah i hear ya. how come you run at 80 if 120 is so much faster?

Because I only run crude at that temp.

1 Like

fresh frozen is fine at that temp to. Been running all fresh frozen for a year at those temps and the quality is the same as running it at 100f

U could be losing terps.

We recover that low ,84ish to preserve them especially if live

3 Likes

last round came out fire.

14 Likes

Have fun with that

2 Likes

will do

1 Like

There are hundred ways to skin a cat. The reason for lower temps is to hopefully prevent terps from going into a gas phase. There are certain terpenes that’ll be lost if you go above a certain temp in a vacuum environment. I guess it doesn’t hurt as those terps can be used to determine if you have a leak as you’ll smell the terps infused in gas. It sounds like to me the material you are using doesn’t have terpenes that are gases at those temps or the terpenes you lose are insignificant to affect the quality of your product

1 Like

I totally agree @Homegrown34 If there is terp loss it’s negligible. I’d rather get more runs in a day then worry about a minuscule amount of terps i’d be saving at a lower temperature recovery. I was concerned about terp loss too since i’m running my own FF material. But i did a bunch of runs with the same strain and didn’t notice a difference at all between all of the temperatures. I have run multiple strains from myself and others and never had an issue. To each there own though. Just sharing my experience with my passive system

4 Likes