Particles in distillate

Playing with D8 conversions and im trying to troubleshoot why I have a bunch of black particles in my end product. Im almost positive that it is the T-41 i am using, but how do i avoid having it enter my head and condenser?

Thanks

Are you doing any color remediation with carbon? Thanks, Greg

I am not

Ok, well we have seen this in the past with color remediation. Sorry we could not help, we can get rid of the particles that’s for sure, but don’t know what is causing them. Thanks, Greg

Obviously the media. Filter or water wash.

Would a stainless steel micron screen suffice as a filter?

Put a scrubbie in the head by the vigs its carrying your powders

What’d you mean by scrubbie? What do you mean by vigs? I really appreciate the response man!

The vigeroux are the glass indent inside the column head and a stainlesss steel scrubbie like for doing dishes just clean it good. Pack it in the head it will help or stop the powder particles from going up the column with the vapor.

1 Like

Thank you i really appreciate this solution, i will follow up on its effectiveness.

It sounds like you’re skipping two very important steps. You should buy a seperatory funnel and perform water washes on your product. Also you should be filtering out your solids with vacuum filtration by way of a buchner funnel with a fritted filter or some filter paper and celite etc.

This was a lot to break down for me. So i looked up a sep funnel process (i did not know how they work), and im a bit confused. Im suppose to wash my distillate with water? Am i misunderstanding any jargon here?

Both of these processes are post distillation correct?

I think it would be beneficial for you to look at some of our other threads on the subjects before attempting anymore distillations. Maybe consider hiring a consultant? Not trying to be a dick but these are really basic things one should know before attempting this craft. It will only be of benefit moving forward. To have all of us spoon feed you along is doing yourself a terrible dis justice. Imo.

2 Likes

Valid. Ive been reading on here for over a year and im still shocked at how much i dont know. Whos charging what for consulting? Id be very much interested in paying for step by step information.

1 Like

I’m sure a consultant that handles the Midwest will chime at some point. I could offer a general consult through Skype if that interests you at all. Feel free to dm for more info.

How much would you want to be paid for a skype consultation?

If you could please, dm me with an outline of what you wish to be taught. I can quote you from there. Thanks!

2 Likes

I would be happy to assist you as well.

1 Like

You need a roboturd… a stainless steel scrubby in the head, just use a small amount not more then like an inch tall of it and loosely packed

2 Likes

If this is clay, water will efficiently remove it.

1 Like