3 Likes

sent a dm

Ill take it Dm me the details

Sketch balls , have fun with that thang

1 Like

i like my bombs shaken not stirred

its still safer than alternatives lmao

2 Likes

I was wrong about it being new. I purchased it for a lab who never used it but I was under the impression it was new. It is not. Sorry for the confusion.

kingsman-martini

1 Like

Anyone with hands on experience feel like explaining the mechanism of a parr shaker and why they are better or worse than other tools used for hydrogenation?

@RockSteady ?

2 Likes

A parr shaker can be ran at moderate pressures, and can still vigorously agitate the material within the reaction vessel safely. They can heated or cooled depending on what’s required. Pressure is a good thing, for multiple reasons. Also a fun note; as a hydrogenation consumes hydrogen, you can see the pressure within the chamber drop, gives you a good data point to help gauge how far along the reaction is

Alternatives are using glassware which usually cannot be pressurized. You could do alot with a regular SS agitated pressure vessel, but then you you have to deal with a potential failure point where the agitators shaft penetrates the chamber, and mechanical seals that can resist moderate positive pressure are expensive as fuck.

The parr is just really really simple, makes it safer cause there’s alot less to go wrong.

3 Likes

For all of those who have inquired about the Parr Shaker… I bought it for an ex member on here last year but he never did anything with it. The agreement was that we would sell it but now he is saying that he doesn’t have time to re-crate it and get it shipped off currently. So if you are under a time crunch you might want to look elsewhere.

2 Likes

Ferrofluid seals are sort of incredible and I’m building them here in portland now, got a whole bunch of magnetorheological projects in the works.

Lots of “irons” in the fire about to pop.

1 Like

How much is it?

It’s 1900

1900 was likely getting off relatively easy when it came to Steve Labman. I’m curious to know if people are even using a Parr shaker to hydrogenize cannabinoids at this point.