Panda Appreciation Thread

Just wanted to make a thread in recognition of the Panda dryer. Many people have been suggesting this machine to me, and I am so thankful we pulled the trigger. After getting in the machine, I took a few pounds of spent biomass that we have been previously pressing out and accepting massive losses on. After about 20 minutes I yielded just over 700ml of infused coconut/mct oil with a concentration of around 12,000mg cbd!!! This is enough for me to process $700 in salves. This community is truly amazing and Im glad to have input from so many bright minds.

5 Likes

You break that shitty plastic spout off the front yet? Lol

4 Likes

Can you actually quantitate your losses for us?

you listed “more than 30%” when using a press.

You also need to know that 12,000mg does not denote a “concentration”.
g/mg/kg indicate mass

if that was a total yield of 12g CBD in 700ml mct
then your concentration is ~17mg/ml

1 Like

I would reuse that same oil on several runs if you want it more potent

I have not! How should I go about doing this?

I will keep you updated when I do my next run with updated losses. This time I was just running a few lbs of spent biomass I have been storing so its hard to say exactly. My apologies on the wording, yes a yield of 12g CBD.

What do you mean by this?

That spent biomass must have spit out some dark green liquid. Try getting it into the panda as soon as u can, so ur not picking up too much chlorophyll

It definitely was dark, but I think it should be fine for the topicals I will be using it to process.

IMA get me a panda

1 Like

For those looking for pics of the modded lid, here ya go.

I just used my soldering iron

3 Likes

Hello. Im new to the site. Im smaking in the middle of filtration. Could you explain the panda technique and whats needed. I have about 260lbs of indoor trim