Paid consult? Anyone work with small batch passive systems around Grass valley - Downieville?

Seeking second pair of eyes on 5lb passive system setup for the first time. Ive distilled my gas, Understand the recovery and postprocessing. But when assembling this I want to make sure I’m practicing doing it the right way the first time. It can be done solo and I’ll do this from research if what I’m asking is not within scope locally - but we live on the ridge where there’s many who do this work and if anyone nearby wants a per day rate with cost to our setup or hourly plus same, gas to get to the site. it’s worth for us to offer something for a second pair of eyes who’s built these out before multiple times.

This is for material from our first living soil crops we just finished fresh. Separating everything out mostly for small 2.5-5lb runs into diamonds / HTE with our setup here and some into wash.

3 Likes

Unless you have a lot of questions, or just feel like you need your hand held, posting some pics along with what you want to know might save you some time and money🤷‍♂️

4 Likes

Maybe @Apothecary36 could help, even just a phone consult might be able to get you lined out.

4 Likes

Seconded, dude makes fire

2 Likes

Your in my back yard, I can definitely get you on the right track.

4 Likes

Forgot that’s right next to you.
Greenleaf or apothecary ftw

3 Likes

Now your on the right track…

4 Likes

Worded this carefully to avoid a no free spoons response or a use the search bar response because after years of observing this forum while trying to learn this craft I’ve noticed a tendency many here have to devour people for asking a question

Relating to hand holding…
I registered on this forum because of @Beaker after reading his work and seeing how it was received as a contribution toward more people applying the open sourced information. More people starting treating this like a valuable trade craft. Consulting became a reasonable and normal thing among people here. Only asked if any other members are in the area who want to do paid consulting. It’s worth it for me to learn this the right way and minimizing learning the hard way while not avoiding the hard work.

My main concern is overdoing something or underdoing something during assembly or attaching components wrong to where I’m debugging the wrong problems later while running. It’s worth it for us to reach out for outside input there are new posts offering consulting svcs here all the time.

I’m working with a 5lb closed loop

12″ x 12″ Jacketed Collection Base
12″ Custom Assembled Extractor Lid
12″ x 4″ Jacketed Shatter Platter (don’t think I’m using this part)
2″ x 2″ Ball Valve
2″ x 4″ Concentric Reducer
4″ x 24″ Sleeved Dewaxing Spool (x2)
4″ Material Column Cap
4″ Filter Plate
1.5″ Top View Sightglass (x2)
12″ High Pressure Clamp (x2)
4″ High Pressure Clamp (x4)
2″ High Pressure Clamp (x2)
1.5″ High Pressure Clamp (x2)
12″ BUNA Gasket (x2)
4″ BUNA Gasket/150Mesh (x4)
2″ BUNA Gasket (x2)
1.5″ BUNA Gasket (x2)
72″ x 3/8″ PTFE Br aided Stainless Steel Solvent Hose
72″ x 1/4″ PTFE Braided Stainless Steel Solvent Hose
48″ x 1/4″ PTFE Braided Stainless Steel Solvent Hose

Goal is again to waste less time making mistakes im not aware of and get to practicing this the right way.

5 Likes

I’m up past SJ but not as far as downieville yep

1 Like

I could come give a hand!

2 Likes

Gonna need 4 wheel drive for anyone to get up here lol I’m snowed in at the dump rn reading the forum till plow come

Stays cold up here material stays fresh. Do runs in the snow lol

5 Likes

There’s a manual for that unit here if you need it.

Also, check out the free post processing SOPs we have to help you get started.

5 Likes

I’d hit up @Greenleafpro .

While I’m very capable of helping, I don’t forsee myself traveling to grass valley for another month or so. I am happy to help phone consult on how you can take advantage of the geothermal perks when running in the snow.

7 Likes

Anyone posting sops right now gonna get my MOTM vote

@NewLevelProcess hooked it up fat as well.

Thanks @Meezey

4 Likes

I’ll second that nomination of you make it

@dwada good on you for bringing in a second set if eyes and getting some training. Once you’ve had someone in person to see your system, consider getting them on a little retainer for questions in the first few runs.

Let us know how it goes!

3 Likes

What solvent to material ratio are you gonna use. 12x12 collection seems undersized

@StoneD recommended 70/30 butane propane

We have fresh material won’t need to CRC want to capture as much Terps as possible

1 Like

You will want to use straight butane with this being a factor. Propane always throws a distinctive taste.

1 Like

Why is that?

1 Like

It’s just such a small collection to recover that the benefits of propane don’t necessarily matter here. Nothing wrong with a 70/30 I just find tane to pull a more true profile.

edit - I also was skimming through while driving and it took a re read to see 70/30 my mind was just on the road and I saw nothing but the word propane :joy:

2 Likes