Packing tubes

Got a better solution i am working on

1 Like

curious why you guys are chopping up your trim. i understand it can fit more? is that the only reason? doesnt it reduce quality ? increase extracting all unwanteds?

3 Likes

They are making crude oil. Never grind trim. I freeze and grind (crush) nug

5 Likes

I’m not making crude, I’m making very high grade shatter and sugar

2 Likes

I just found this thread, does anyone use something like this with an adapter? https://www.harborfreight.com/1-18-in-sds-variable-speed-rotary-hammer-kit-64288.html?cid=paid_google|||64288&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=&utm_content=&gclid=CjwKCAjw87SHBhBiEiwAukSeUeWOItdr9ubhu7L56pJOUK6yqO5MQwbWmerHznb3ln4t22xmQOiTjBoCsZoQAvD_BwE I already have things I could attach to it.

How is a “drill holes in concrete” tool going to help you grind biomass? It’s not bud…it’s not.

6 Likes

Seriously, wtf

4 Likes

I could see a pneumatic hammer being useful

1 Like

With an adapter, absolutely amazing for FF material…

I’m sure you could fashion up a nice long ram plate to both compress, and unpack columns. Added bonus of being able to chip in your own deep drain if needed, and drilling some large Red Heads in extremely random places.

Bolt a shackle on a random rock, leave things to really fuck with future anthropologists and archeologists. Anyway, it could be a fun tool with multiple uses!

1 Like

Use a 3” column to pack your 4” column, and get a blank male npt caps and put the air compressor kits you can buy for $10 on it and blast it out. I did this at production scale so it should work great for you

2 Likes

Have you used a roto hammer to drill concrete? In what application would you apply this to getting material into tubes?

@DillyFWonka Smashing fresh frozen? You need a tool? We use feet, ass and gravity to break up FF in seconds into a nice dust

@Capttripppp unpacking is a seconds type operation with nitrogen for my 6" and 3" columns.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t use a rotary hammer to pack, I’d use an air hammer to pulverize though

Material that’s flat packed in vac bags is easy to break up with a mallet, air hammer just makes that a touch easier

2 Likes

I just want a big can crusher setup with a nice 12" stroke essentially. Probably wouldn’t really work with long columns though. I was just doing this math the other day and got stuck actually.

If I want 1.2k lbs of pressure and I have a weight that’s about 120 lbs I could have a vertically mobile fulcrum 6" from a stationary point on one side and 5’ long on the other to achieve that amount of pressure… but then I thought if that is being done on a 1" diameter pole(the stroke pole) does that actually mean I only have 1,200lbs in a single square inch? So to pack a 6" column wouldn’t that mean I would need almost 24k lbs of pressure being applied to that 1" pole to achieve the same 1.2k psi?

1 Like

@TwistedStill Absolutely. Here is why:

Assuming your at commercial scale production and NOT craft/prepping material per run, you have to consider the other aspects of the job.**

-The average worker can smash a FF bag containing 4-6 LBs to desired consistency every 90 seconds. (time trials have been done to establish this number).
-Add 15 min the loading and unloading into storage containers, then moving material from storage point to storage point
-45/1.5=30 Bags or 150# per hour or 1,200 #'s throughout an 8 hour shift only smashing weed.
-With something like a “hammer mill”, you can cut the bag time to roughly 20 seconds.
-45/.5 (for a nice buffer)=90 bags or 450 #'s per hour
-Overall process is labor intensive- Operator fatigue throughout an 8 hour shift could contribute to slower process times and decreased quality. More importantly, smashing FF an entire 8 hour shift can be detrimental to the physical health of the employee (case by case basis) and I don’t like to exclude any one from an opportunity to make ends

Qualified experience: Over 1 million pounds of Fresh Frozen Cannabis Processed through my systems and processes- Yearly

4 Likes

Let’s get u some more ff. Check dm

1 Like

Metrc don’t lie!!! :wink: will do!

1 Like

And so you’d use a roto hammer. Lol got it big guy . I don’t think you know what that tool does…or you would be suggesting something different after a million lbs processed.

1 Like

Please reference this video provided by Lowes!: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-Bulldog-Xtreme-SDS-Plus-8-Amp-Keyless-Rotary-Hammer/1082989?placeholder=null&ds_rl=1286981&msclkid=fd482afcbbab116b6fab4a116d9a84c0&gclid=fd482afcbbab116b6fab4a116d9a84c0&gclsrc=3p.ds

With the “hammer only” function, and a proper adapter (as @thumper mentioned) this will absolutely work.

And as I said “hammer mill”, which is a little bit more complex than this setup.

Sometimes you just have to think outside the box!!!

Your right buddy. Get after it…you’ve got a million lbs to get to…get off the Internet and get to the FF with your HAMMER MILL(notice aren’t using a roto hammer from lowes)

1 Like