Packaging For Edibles

Checked some old threads for ediblr packaging but most links went to expired sites or packaging for carts. I’m looking for some top shelf edible packaging for chocolate bars, gummy bears, and any other cool edible packaging I find . Don’t have enough product to make custom stuff so I’m trying to buy some ready to go packaging

Anyone have tips on a good site ? Or possibly even some old packaging they want to sell ?

2 Likes

I read this and thought “Why would anyone want to eat the packaging?” Derp moment there.

Check out Clearbags.com, PBFY.com, and sav-onbags.com.

12 Likes

Yo! I run www.custompackco.com - we do printing and application in house, and we can do quick turn with low MOQ.

Shoot me an email at nrussell@pmc-sc.com

4 Likes

Lolol! That’s funny, but it would be nice if our packaging could be edible by microbes. I wonder what plant we could use as a source of cellulosic plastic?

4 Likes

Imagine all the contaminates on packaging already. I had to reread as well.

3 Likes

Cause throwing it away is for chumps?

Probably a better idea.

Where we’ve actually looked, finding microbes that can eat any particular packaging isn’t all that difficult. What is really need imo is a effort to get the degradation pathways in the right critters/ecosystems

See: Let them eat PET!

7 Likes

you could always use cardboard packaging…then feed it to your fungi when you were done.

3 Likes

there was a brand with a gummy re-sporulation issue recently. I feel like theres a Tek here somewhere

aio gummy spawn cardboard fruiting bag

3 Likes

R Rush Wayne wrote a book called “Home Mushroom Cultivation with Hydrogen Peroxide”. Petri dishes were cardboard discs soaked with moistened dried milk as a nitrogen source and peroxide. To sterilize and add nutrients to bulk spawn, it was wood stove pellets, peroxide and powdered milk. I remember the B+ I grew on stove pellets and powdered milk were probably the most potent and visual cubes I had ever had as they are not typically wood loving boomers without additional supplementation.

Anyways, I’m all for more microbes and packaging that doesn’t end up in an ocean or landfill forever.

5 Likes

Lol definitely wasn’t talking about packaging you can eat but now I’m interested

3 Likes

My stoned ass thought you meant packaging you could eat… :sweat_smile::man_facepalming:t2:

Changed title to make it more clear because thats exactly where my mind went.

2 Likes

Rice paper packaging

I can eat most japanese seaweed / squid packaging

Not my thing, but I’ve tried it and thought the packaging was brilliant

Wafer paper too

Edible gelatin plastic

2 Likes

Check my posts!