Over 90% of California’s Pot Farms Infected with Crop-Damaging Pathogen

Over 90% of California’s Pot Farms Infected with Crop-Damaging Pathogen

Meanwhile, the California cannabis industry is warning about and extinction level event…caused by the state’s regulation and taxation.

3 Likes

Wow. What a bogus claim. I’ve never seen HLV cause plants to shrivel just before harvest… I’ve seen plants not able to thrive. I’ve seen big ass plants with limited cannabinoid production. I’ve seen all kinds of systemic plant death…

But the claims in this article seem to be so farm from reality…

Double that down with motherfuckers charging customers taxes but then deciding not to pay those taxes back to the state. Fuck that noise - you already took it from us, now give it to THE MAN. x.X

7 Likes

What a horribly written fear mongering article.

Fentanyl being laced with pot huh? Lmfao. And the headline claiming taxation and regulation are somehow responsible for HLV, which they don’t even substantiate in the article at all.

2 Likes

What the hell is this “estimate” based on? How hard would it be for all these large grows to just pay 25 bucks to test their strains. Think it would be in their own best interest.

1 Like

Here’s the sf gate article:

https://www.sfgate.com/cannabis/article/cannabis-farms-infectious-pathogen-18115205.php

1 Like

Arguably select chemicals derived from cannabis could replace opiates in the next ten years.

Fentanyl laced with these chemicals?

Highly unlikely.

Fear mongering? Probably…

The reality?.. Definitely possible considering select chemicals in cannabis can produce a superior high…

3 Likes

what are you rambling about the thread is about hops latent

2 Likes

Leave my happy little rambles alone, hater.

1 Like

Any one knows of someone trying to find a solution to this problem
Would like to get in contact
My partner and friend @Raindust
Is getting pcr testing to try and find a solution but beeing able to fence idea s might help the cause so whoever is in research of this please reach out

1 Like

I want real D9THCv, not that knock off CBD isolate garbage. I wish they would bring back JWH-018 as cutting agent, which was superior to fentanyl in every single way.

1 Like

3rd party testing or trying to bootstrap in-house pcr?

I looked at it briefly, and it seems like the current approach uses real-time/quatitative PCR and can be run on either of these critters.

it should certainly be possible to set up a less automagic assay on earlier hardware. even as primative as the first gen machines I grew up with.

Edit: here is the OG-SOP. doesn’t require $$$ real-time/quantitative thermo-cycler. https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jjphytopath1918/58/5/58_5_677/_pdf

4 Likes
4 Likes