oven wont hold vac.

My best value vac 1.9c black oven wont hold vacuum. It loses maybe 15hg over 5 hours.
It happened while it was under vac and working fine during its second use ever. So it was working great and the door never opened and then all of a sudden wont hold a steady vacuum. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

So you have product in there?

Product off-gasses.
Especially when you heat it.

To diagnose a leak, you need an empty oven.

9 Likes

Check the seal on the glass. If that doesn’t help check the fittings on the side or the back where the valves are connected.

4 Likes

I’ve had a leaky oven from the fittings and it never was able to get below -22inhg. This sounds different than what you describe.

2 Likes

The last two leaky ovens I was called in to “fix” just needed the extract cleaned off the glass and seals, but presumably that’s not the OP’s issue 1/2 way through run number 2…

4 Likes

I had product in about 24 hours from completion when it stopped holding vacuum. I took it out 2 days ago to a clean area, un vacuumed, took off the seal and cleaned it, replaced and cleaned glass, and just tried to test the vac and it isnt holding.

I had product in about 24 hours from completion when it stopped holding vacuum. I took it out 2 days ago to a clean area, un vacuumed, took off the seal and cleaned it, replaced and cleaned glass, and just tried to test the vac and it isnt holding

I have cleaned it all and the seal it’s strange

Which fittings were leaking?

I have been using a 1/4 hose on the barb but I can connect the fittings as well. Has anyone heard of just a defect that could become apperant after 180 hours of use?

Some compression fitting in the side of the oven. When I sent the video to AI. They were like “oh no, you can’t fix that!” Followed by lets schudule a pickup time.

2 Likes

Gotcha. Thanks for the suggestion I’ll look into. Things brand new so I’m not overly impressed lol

Has anyone ever heard of the the output barb for the vacuum hose leaking outwards? Not keeping a seal I’m there somewhere?
Appreciate it fellas, one of my ovens was in a roll over vehicle accident and wouldnt hold a seal so I replaced it and now this one wont so you can imagine my frustration.

2 Likes

Just open the side door and check the fittings. It might be the compound gauge also. I ordered one from AI and on the first pull the gauge broke. They sent out a new one right away and I shaped them out.

1 Like

Open up the side of the oven where all the valves are and tighten the fittings inside and possibly the knobs, too. Can you post a picture of the oven? The old ones had a rubber knob that covered a whole on a nipple and that was how it released pressure. I would have to always keep the pump on. Really hard when wanting to be descrete.

2 Likes

Figured I should update/end the post for others in the future.
Thanks for the the help guys. It ended up being a lose nut on the knob that controls the vacuum port open/close. I want even aware air would even leak from there. All is good now and I’m stoked. Much appreciated and happy blasting.

2 Likes

Having same trouble… Over an 8 hour period will lose 25Hg. Tried soap and water around seals and edges. One site advised on emptying the chamber putting 8 oz of water inside and tilting it around until you find the leak but I’m using a 1.9 cubic foot best value Vac and I don’t think that’s really possible

Might need to tighten the ferals on the valves

It’s likely the compression fitting behind the panel.

2 Likes

If you have an older model BVV oven and open the side door, apparently the hose they used was made out of cheap material and it broke down over time and would get “microscopic holes in the hose” and made a couple of my ovens lose pressure, or at least that’s what bvv told me was why. Now they use metal ones like across.