OVEN TEMPS, VACUUM and PURGE TIME

Hello again,

Yeah, I had some great feedback on a few questions asked along with reading some more questions asked by others and of course, answered by many of you.

I was having some issues with my slabs finishing quite soft and less than pull and snap. Getting the Butane to -109 and adding a molecular sieve to take out as much moisture of the Butane helped a ton! I’m not sure which of the 2 helped the most or the combo, as those additions were added at the same time. Let me tell you, the Shatter is stable AF now! These are facts, as the same product was used with the same procedure (except for the additions mentioned)

I’m back with some more questions if that’s cool. This topic has been beaten down pretty well around here but the variance of opinions is amazingly different. Temps from 80 - 115 and Vac time from 8 hours to 7 days…

At the end of the day, the point is to simply purge as much Butane as possible, correct? Right now, I’m running the oven at 90 and vac for 3-4 days. I have found that some product works out pretty well and some still leave some sort of a “chemical” taste. I assume the chemical taste has to be the Butane, as there are no additives being used. I do run a CRC though, which is pretty solid, as I can now pretty well manipulate the colour as desired. I do filter the CRC down to 2 micron using several filters up to 17 micron, which after testing, zero is getting through.

I’d like to use some sort of a Gas Detector. Something that can either test the air inside the vac or the actual product.

A portable sensor inside the Vac would be mint to check the PPM. SOme sort of a unit that tests the actual slabs would be dope as well.

You guys have some more answers for me? If you have any questions about how my additions to the equipment I have helped me obtain “shatter” I will be more than happy to answer them!

1 Like