Our distillate failed Paclobutrazol

the other one says ornamental on the label, dont use that. Also when a highly effective product goes away- it was pgrs and they got caught.

I’m aware.

1 Like

I still have bottle of an and somehow it does a good job.

1 Like

I have the OG bottle. White bottle, red/black writing. It adds weight, but at the sacrifice of trichomes. It collects dust on the shelf, and smells like rotten seweage.

I got a sample of something called- fish shit. Its carp poop and would cost like 400 a bottle LOL It also sits unused I also have some 8 year old liquid light which mustve been a pgr, I gotta get rid of alot of old stuff. I should put it on my lawn and see what it does.

1 Like

Paclo isn’t a pesticide, its actually whats called a “Plant Growth Regulator”. There are several different types, notably Giberellins and Giberellin Antagonists, of which Paclo is the latter. Its used on cannabis to reduce internodal spacing and give stouter stems. On other plants (Tomatos, peppers, ornamental flowers) its also able to cause early fruitset but I don’t believe it has the same effect on cannabis.

Basically, people use Paclo to bump up their yields by chemically improving their stack and the denseness of their bud.

Edit for clarity: Don’t use Plant growth regulators on cannabis because its really bad for end users, especially when extracted and concentrated. Hence when they’re usually marketed as an “Ornamental PGR”

1 Like

Cough cough
Look 19 posts up

1 Like

Yeah sorry missed that, and in my haste I also neglected to clarify that using Paclo on cannabis is really bad for the end consumer healthwise and shouldn’t be done.

3 Likes

The old name was superbud. Then rebranded as phosphoload.
I believe it came from dutch master in their early days. I know it was from Australia.

I think this goes back to the late 1990s or pretty close

I still have a full bottle of bushmaster i paid at least $100 for sitting on the shelf

Regenerative closed loop organic for the win!

2 Likes

Bush master?

I’ve got a bottle of phosphoload from the old partner too. Now it’s just “art”

Lol

yeah no. not mutually exclusive.

regulating plant growth is absolutely a way of killing unwanted plants.

Agent orange was used a defoliant; and removing the leaves provably kills plants.

2-4-5T is BOTH an extremely effective herbicide AND a potent plant growth regulator (I’ve used it, and 2-4-D, as the auxin for tissue culture…)

this paper used 2-4-5 T as the auxin source for cannabis tissue culture…

5 Likes

Okay, fair enough

2 Likes

Which mole sieves of yours are you recommending for paclo remediation?

He hasn’t logged in since the beginning of September. Maybe another member will chime in with their recommendations.

1 Like

Someone else asked above, but I wanted to know if anyone knew proper ratios of Magsil PR to be effective but mitigate cannabinoid loss with butane through a CRC… I’ve been searching all over the site and can’t seem to find info on it.

Anyone have experience with this? I was thinking maybe like a few inches of magsil pr on top of W1? Or under it maybe

1 Like

Have you checked the papers in this post? Internal Journal: Future’s Pesticide Remediation Tek - Data Dump / Pesticide Remediation - Future4200

1 Like

Skimmed a little but stopped when it looked like it was for chromatography with heptane?

You should in theory be able to use butane, because it is an alkane, but I don’t know how well it would work. I haven’t heard of many (if any) using butane to remediate their distillate. You’re going to need hexane anyway because you’re going to have to perform water washes on the disty. That’s an integral part of the process because it pulls all of the water soluble particles, and you have to have that step…
If I’m not mistaken, I’m pretty sure that the pesticide (or most of it) is water soluble…

1 Like

Oh wow I’m sorry I should have specified, this would be to run material through a CLS making concentrates…

And just realized what a terrible thread to be asking this on… it’s early for me lol, but I saw someone mention putting magsil PR in their CRC so I commented here :man_facepalming:

1 Like