OTSS When To Cap, Request for Pictures

Wouldn’t say reblast though. I extracted a lb of zkittlez trim from a recently harvested and cured batch

Blast colder ur terps will not budder then. Freeze it all before blasting. Dry ice for the win!

2 Likes

I did but didn’t have access to dry ice so only could do deep chest freezer temps

How long did you wait before blasting? You cool tane and material? Pack freeze the tube and all

Yessir I fill column with material freeze it and freeze my tane separately and let both freeze for 18-24

Yeah dry ice is the shit!

2 Likes

Once I move to my next location I’ll have immediate access to however much my wallet can hold :joy: I love making thca diamonds and thca sauce. Haven’t ever had a problem with shatter if I dewax it this way twice then let sit and purge with 6 hour intervals

1 Like

Here’s two different jars, i have going right now,
first real try at otss, a few minor mistakes, but looking doable, 2.5 days in dry ice cooler in -60c freezer,
The lighter one is fresh cured trim, gg4, 6lbs of solvent through 1lb material
, balls cold and fast, it definitely crashed some in the bottom, but there are formations at liquid line? Normal?

The darker one is local grower trim, indoor also, ran the same way but without sleeved material column, just balls cold solvent, n2 assist.
No formation in that one, but definitely separated some fats I’m sure

I am evappinig to cap, as i post, and store in cooler for remainder of process
Im Just a hobby guy, much love to everyone on this forum, game changer fellas and ladies

2 Likes

1 Like

Hell yes, if im not mistaken, I’ve done at least something right… so far lol
Closer to capping
@StoneD you are knowledgeable, opinion? Thx

1 Like

I’m gonna say this without pissing anyone off…

I made bunch comments my early time here, some wrong some right. To the original sop I was way way to much tane when I was doing. Don’t want any accidents. And the way I was telling ppl just bc was working for me was way way way too much pressure without a miner. Be careful be safe

Your probably gonna be fine , just seal and forget about it for 2wks

2 Likes

10-4 on that, thanks Capped at slow reaction, the thca as floating around in a big cookie, assuming it will dissolve after time? Im pretty pleased with the gg4
The other jar is dark, and purple hue, nasty,
Never running non sleeved column again, even with-80 c or better solvent

I am running that same strain tomorrow, only in sleeved column, no dewax, cold n fast, which has worked very well for me
Then a can compare equally, same solvent, temps, etc, guessing that’s my issue

1 Like

That’s usually the best route for diamonds cold and fast everything frozen

1 Like

When starting with 400ml mother solution what is the saturation level? What did you recover down to? -5, -10. You evaporate down to 200ml and capped?

2 Likes

Sorry about my photography all,
This is 10 days on the gg4, after 2.5 days in di/iso , cooler in freezer, was able to get a pretty good crash, i think
After capping at around 1/3 solution,
From that point in 24 hours i had about 10 big formations , all loose individuals, that were all on one side of the bottom of jar

Then very little activity for last 5 days,
Slowly bumped up oven temps a degree or two from 76f to now at 89f,
At this point im now seeing new growth all over the bottom, smaller forming crystals
At around 86f the solution seemed to respond( show active growth)
Now, At 10 days from pour, i am understanding i should just let it stay at 89f for the remainder of the process?
My first @Otscc attempt, much love to @Future for the board and all who keep crushing it!
Inspiration grows here

After removing from dry ice/iso solution i let sit room temp for about an hour and then 85°f for remainder of time.

1 Like

Into my 6x28 collection , I ran 415g run of nice , fresh GG4 sugar trim,
I ran 6.5 lbs of solvent through dry ice\iso sleeved column, not dewaxed, in 5 minutes,
throttling, till it ran clear
Solvent tank at -80c or better, dry ice\iso, my fluke ir gun faults at -50f
collection on dry ice\iso as well
N2 assist to push

I recovered to about inch or so below platter gasket inside, once satisfied with my recovery i put collection back on dry ice, something i saw @Killa12345 address, to stall reaction and get to 5psi or less
With my system that works best
once secured i vent collection to equalize pressure
Nothing fancy, just applying what I’ve 'learned here to my little hobby setup
Definately lots to improve on!

i wouldd say i left 1lb of solvent or so to pour off, enough for 1lb run mother solution to fill a 16oz ball jar 3/4 full to begin cold crash, I’m sure im lacking in details and accuracy, this is my first attempt at osst
This is my experience , which is limited

1 Like

Practice makes perfect and it only gets easier. Great start.

1 Like

@Killa12345 many thanks , I’m on the path,
thank you for the sharing, I’ve made progress thanks to this forum.
If i can just shake this stubbornness and pride , you guys humble me in that holy crap! i
I don’t know shit lol,
I’ll just keep reading , soaking it in, an evolving
Humility keeps my mind open
Will see what the next week of growth shows me

1 Like

So, its been almost 4 weeks since capping, there was immediate diamonds crashed in the first 24 hrs of capping after the 2 day sub zero crash, good size and clarity, as shown in the pictures above,

There really hasn’t benn any noticeable growth since, i feared there was too much solvent , was still around 1/3 of original, watery, so after 2 weeks i burped a few times reducing the solvent in the mother liquid, now it is honey consistency, clear, the original stones are still there,

i have pressure back now at 95f oven temp. and it seems to be starting to react
Can that be all the thca present? I have a hard time believing that
the terps are fairly viscous, very clear
With solvent mostly gone , do i need to raise temps more?
burp? or reintroduce a splash of solvent for pressure?

This is my first osst attempt, started great, not sure which direction to go now, not wanting to redissolve

So can that be all the thca there was? why did growth stop