Oregon or Washington Seed Company

Looking for seed company recommendations. Growing a pretty good size acrage in Washington. Only looking for direct companies that produce their own seed, no brokers. If you’ve used a group mention what strain you got and anything nice about the company.

Thanks

Hemp or cannabis?

Hemp. This site mostly talks hemp so I forget to specify.

Yeah, there’s s pretty big hemp following here, but lots of rec guys too. We’re growing hemp in WA this year as well. I’m growing ottoII and baox from
CBD seed co. They’ve been around awhile, they work direct with Ben from centennial seeds, the originator of both varieties. We’re also running cherry blossom from gemhemp. It’s not their strain but they s1’d them and have bulk fem seed with COA. I’ve also got their T1 going but just as a tester. We’re also testing out a bunch of other varieties, but we filled our greenhouses with those three. You growing for flower or oil? This thread might find more interested people in hempire building or cultivation.

2 Likes

We’re doing oil. And I tried the cultivation thread on another topic but got no responses. Not as much traffic.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the referral. Talked with CBD Seed. Did you really pay $3.5 a seed? They said their seed Baox does 8-9%. Seems a little low for that much.

We growing for oil. Doing a couple of test acres this year in prep for 2020 but we will have a processing plant in OR/WA that will be doing tolling/splits if you are in need or know anyone with large acreage that needs to get their product to market fast.

Jared

Yeah, I paid around that price. We only picked up a handful of each. I was looking for mother plants to clone from, not grow out. We selected a few mothers of both the ottoII and baox. Both can test 15%+, it just depends on when youre testing. Most gemobstrains need to be tested several weeks before harvest in order test compliant, which is why a lot of COAs test low. Our NBS cbd1 auto’s COA is 6% cbd, but same thing, they hit 15.

There’s a ton of seed companies out there. Instagram is your best friend when it comes to finding them. We’ve got over 30 different varieties we’re testing out, but our greenhouses are filled with the cherry blossom, BaOx, and Otto. If you don’t mind sexing or pulling males, you can get youngsim10 for $850 a pound. It’s s cross of BaOx and Otto that tests at 10% on COA. We picked up s pound earlier in the year for $500. If you want feminized seed, expect to pay $1 a piece with most asking for minimum orders of 5,000 or more.

We’ve got a small processing facility here on our farm. Just doing winterized ethanol crude. You guys doing thc free distillate? We might be interested if so.

We’re doing a high volume warm ethanol with pharma grade filtration. And if my deal goes through ill have 2 large short path evaps one for ethanol, the other to distill.

You are planning on removing ethanol with a short path?

3 Likes

It’ll work. But its kinda like riding the lawn mower to the grocery store. It’ll get ya there, but it’ll be slow and people will laugh at you.

1 Like

100sqft of evaporation surface? Feed rate measured in lbs?

Yeah it’s that big. Popes biggest short path is 35sqft. Just about every industrial wiped thin film/short path manufacturer I’ve seen use lbs of material for feed rate. I would assume the thicker it is the less volume you can put through. Feeding ethanol/oil for evaporation vs crude for distillation you could still do 5000lbs of each but the volume would be different.

Want me to private email you the specification drawing of it. It’s pretty. PM me.