Okay so ive posted here once before, got great help. I think im ready for the next step, turning my orange ethanol wash to clear. Before we get started i am semi-new to extraction but i help run a commercial lab. Funny right, be gentle.
Heres my process:
1.Bag up trim in dunk bags. We put 1000 grams in each bag. Then freeze in our big freezee for 2 days. The freezer gets to -25c.
2. We dunk the bags into 40 gallons of cold ethanol in the same freezer. We generally do 18,000 grams. We dunk the bags for 45 mins to 1hr for distallite, and 1 minute for shatter.
3. After the dunk we filter the wash,the wash is green. Right after the dunk we filter it with a horizontal press filter. (Basically a wine filter). With four 14 micron filters. We do this so we can renove the sediment.
4. We charcoal. We add charcoal, then filter it twice. Then chacoal again and filter it twice. Then charcoal it again filter it back into the freezer. We filter the wash untill it is golden orange yellow.
5. We winterize the wash for 2 days.
6. We filter the wash with a 5 micron filter twice. Then repeat this with a fine .45 micron filter.
7. Rotovap in a 20l roto vap.
8. If we want distallite we short path it, if we want shatter we bake it in our vacuum oven.
So basically i want to achieve 2 things.
- What can i do to make the wash go from gold yellow orange to clear, to make super clear distallite.
- Any ideas how to speed our process up.