Optimizing your RotoVap

https://www.glaciertanks.com/dip-tubes-dt-g150-jic6-015.html

maybe?

1 Like

That would work.

1 Like

this would still be on the condenser and those are still something to be careful with that’s why i went the other way and looked for something where you can use a ball valve but not have to apply too much pressure. I’m not sure how you’d have a set-up with a dip tube and a shut off

You thread the valve on that there dip tube

1 Like

1 Like

I’m gonna try it out next month. Thank you for the advice @Dr.stanky

1 Like

Wait a sec, We dont know what the size this hole is image

might have to get a custom dip tube made

Those things always scared the shit out of me because of the whole thermal expansion thing. Actually learned something new the other day, look up “kovar”: it’s a specialty alloy with nearly identical thermal expansion properties as Borosilicate. Chinese manufacturers take note please!

4 Likes

Just read

2 Likes

corrugated stainless

Buyer Questions & Answers ‎(2)‎

Q: This hose that goes inside the steel mesh is nontoxic and take up which temperature?
A: There’s no hose inside. Inside is stainless steel metal corrugated tube.

2 Likes

Another chapter of “learn to read”

I’ve never seen a bellows with a braided outside like that before. Better for pressure I guess?

2 Likes

Okay, update because I lost this challenge lol. I never installed the column because it was too tall and was gonna go through the ceiling.

Chapter 2:
My boss just ordered me 4 6x48 shotgun condensers. We’re doing 13kg/hr right now and the math says this should get me close to 90/hr. Pictures to follow when this stuff comes in. It’s a pretty involved modification lol

3 Likes

lol fuck yea! that’s a huge jump in production. i use that reactor for LLE now but it worked amazing. i had that and my roto connected to the same vac pump and cold trap

1 Like

care to share your source? I need to get my boss on board with a couple or four of those too…

3 Likes

Straight from China! Wenzhou Billy! Lol. I can rework them if they’re totally fucked . DM me and I’ll pull the details from our purchasing dept.

1 Like

yeah, that makes all the difference…I suspect that might be a deal breaker here.

1 Like

I’ll consider it to be a step towards repaying my debt to the forum to review them when they come in and throw up the pricing and shipping costs we worked out. Hopefully they’ll be decent. Fortunately, this application isn’t very critical and the failures will only cost solvent if they fail, yours might not be so lenient so I understand lol

4 Likes

has anyone tried hooking up a plate heat exchanger to a rotovap?

2 Likes

For preheat or condensing vapor?

2 Likes

condensing vapor