Opening my second lab need equipment input

Please show me where you can get a 5lb extractor shipped from china for $1000. This wont happen based on shipping alone. I can guarantee you that the shipping on a 5lb unit with solvent tank is over $500 alone. Even sea freight is costing $2.5 per kg. The parts might be had for under $1000 or right around that price but the shipping will take that well above $1000. I really dont even think you can get a 5lb extractor for $1000 with a solvent tank because i was just quoted around that price for a 2.5lb unit without shipping.

What happens when you have a pin hole leak in the lid welds? What happens when you find the fittings on the hose leaks? Or when you have threading that is janky? I HAVE VIDEOS OF ALL 3 OF THESE FAILURES IF YOU WANT TO SEE!

You will also need yours or someone else labor to build and pressure test them. This doesnt always happen on first shot. your gonna need a compressor with a jic to quick coupler attachment testing purposes…An ashcroft digital pressure gauge is a good piece of equipment if your going this route.

As you can probably tell…ive gone down this road with all my extractors. While i did save a lot of money, it did come with its own set of problems and set backs that cost me MONTHS of time overall. Ive bought all 3 of my closed loops from china direct as well as my diamond miners. Not one came perfect, but all are perfect now…it can be done. Just dont think a direct chinese extractor is going to be as refined or inspected the same way an american company that simply bought a chinese extractor. Usually that company has already gone threw the problems and are on the same page as their chinese suppliers as far as quality and expectations.

Not to mention but ive seen 5lbs extractors on ebay for under $3000 and most companies that sell chinese extractors not american made stuff are under $5000.

3 Likes

Sneaky sneaky!

3 Likes

The worst part is assembling all the parts and leak testing. One time we came up short on a compression fitting, it was a special one like a week to order. I had my welder tig weld two of the fittings together in order to make the type needed! It worked fine till the replacement arrived. We pressure test with the (gas)nitrogen bottle we use to run the extractor.

Kinda goofy with the two regulators.
Left side is to blanket the chiller, right is for the nitrogen mantafold.

1 Like

Yeah…thats what i was getting at with my post. Pressure testing a custom extractor directly bought from china can have its difficulties. I do see a HUGE benefit for building your own extractor and i think most if not all people here are intelligent enough to do so.

Over the years, Ive found leaks on my fittings and valves but im sure this is just a normal over time. id imagine from taking my extractors from -100 to plus degrees has a bunch to do with the eventually leaking but leak detecting is part of my maintenance so these thing dont happen really anymore.

It has also helped knowing how to build these things as the industry moves forward. Going from a normal closed loop with a carbon steel tank…now you dont see those in systems that much LOL…so now all my extractors have stainless tanks…now to 2 stage dewaxing…to diamond mining. Being able to build my own, has made it ultra affordable for me a person that extracts only for head stash. Most of this equipment is out of my reach because i dont have investors and such. I have a pretty normal job which really doesnt make a lot of disposable income for a $3000 extractor…$800 miner. LOL

Im just happy to make my own medicine for 1/5 of the market rate. It allows me to live pain free and not worry about if i can afford my pain management. I didnt want to discourage the person i origanally responded to. I just wanted him or her to understand the other side of it where shit always dont go smoothly.

2 Likes

Amen brother!

This is one of my used pieces of equipment!

1 Like

truth

If you search Alibaba and contact suppliers you could source or build a 5lb extractor for around that mark give or take - I didn’t factor in shipping because I have containers coming from China every couple months I can throw in.

I understand there are risks associated with ordering from China, but few of these closed loops you see are made in USA or come with any standardized certification, and when they are the price jumps 100% minimum.

If you do your research into manufacturers you can find quality ones to minimize the risk of the problems you’ve outlined like the local companies here have done ( you can usually find their exact models on Alibaba, and tell which manufacturer they are using, or inquire with them and they will confirm to get direct sales ).

I will be going this route for sure as I continue to build out. I’ll do my research, order, and report back. All the steel I have now i’m paying a hefty premium on and is coming fresh in on a container with none of these problems

1 Like

I think you will be surprised that the price on the alibaba minisite is not the price for 1 unit. I think a 5lb unit with some dewaxing chamber and a solvent tank is gonna cost a minimum $1600 and closer to $2000 if you want a rack for that 250lb extractor. Looking forward to see what you find. It certainly can be done. Like i said…I did this exact thing. All my extractors are bomb as fuck and would cost me probably $10k if i would have bought from BVV and even more if i would have bought from OSS, Xtractor Depot…Fuck know how much if i bought American.

Good luck…

1 Like

I do it the other way around. I feel that the fractional SPD is better for that fast rough cut while the pope WFE is best suited to a single sight fraction.

But I am admittedly new to the pope while have a couple years of full time SPD work so I am curious for in put and hearing more about why you do it that way.

1 Like

I think the color comes out better

we have number of 2 and 4 inch units in stock and will have three of the Chemtechs in about 3-4 weeks time. these will include all vacuum system, back up pump, feed system, either gravity feed or forced feed with a controller to control feed rate. we also have a decraboxyla unit that can process about 60-80 liter per batch

2 Likes

Can you send me some info about your decarb unit. Also some of the chem-tech info would be appreciated also. Thanks

This is similar to the delta separations units?

@mr_pickles sure…they are both AtEx rated basket centrifuges.

Have your read the CUP & Washing Machine "Salad Spinner" tek threads?

2 Likes

Yo. I need to get you on a phone consult. We are growing around 30k lb this year and need to upgrade from bucket tek. When can we get you on a Call ? This site has helped so damn much and now it is time to go bigger.

2 Likes

Shoot me a dm

1 Like

Do you have a link to the hei-vap industrial 50+ 24/7 package? I’d love to get specs sheet on it.

1 Like

Purge labs for bho crude system. Lmk if you need further assistance to fit your needs

The problem with some custom built equipment is the peer review, engineering reports. You can’t always just start putting stuff together without someone else checking and signing off. The time and money spent while waiting for these processes sometimes outweighs the cons of off the shelf ready to go solutions.

1 Like

If you are looking at EU-GMP, do you need to go with an encased lenticular filter housing or do you have inline presses that will fit EU-GMP? Do you have an idea of $ per pound when going lenticular?