Opaline Silica Thread

Looks a lot like the one I was joking about using last year.
I wonder if this would work after all. I’m sure mine is from GA mine being so close though

4 Likes

The label?

1 Like

Just plain ol bentonite with some quartz unfortunately

1 Like

I was kinda joking again.
Sorry guys my since humor is a lil dry tonight
:green_heart::facepunch:

@Dred_pirate the material itself looks really similar by picture but like @Curious_Roberto stated no bueno

1 Like

I dug around for awhile when everyone first found this stuff. Pretty sure I have every msds they offer lol. I had to give up!

4 Likes

I need to get my hands on some of this stuff, someday…

2 Likes

I still can’t find any made a dozen calls to oil-dri at this point. Lmk if anyone manages to get the bulk hookup :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m tempted to buy a pallet

4 Likes

I’ll buy a couple bags off yah!

4 Likes

Me to

1 Like

Me too

1 Like

I’d take one as well

1 Like

Ill take a few :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@sonicgardens @destroytec @Curious_Roberto @ScoobyDoobie.

I am going to order a pallet next week once guy is back in the office. Only problem we have is, one pallet is so small to them. They usually ship truck loads up to FUCKING BOATS. We are so small scale… Haha

7 Likes

I’d like to grab some also

1 Like

I’d also be up for a couple bags, and willing to help with whatever if it’s in PDX. Think they could deliver in time for Beaker bash at NWCC on the 15th?

1 Like

Just do what every POS middle man does. Tell them you need 200 tons, and then commit to 1 tonne for a test batch :joy::joy: then ignore their subsequent emails about making a larger purchase :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I have an account and can purchase — the caveat here is that it’s the sub of oil dri, agsorp — só Im waiting for that crossover I am first doing sample tests.
I don’t know that this will be the best sorbent to use or even that safe but I’ll find out if you have quantities that would help. 100kg per person would be pretty easy and cheap.
Most of these sorbents are ¢65 per kilo. Shipping is about the same price as the 10 metric tonnes.

1 Like

And @Dred_pirate is correct, their average customer does 200,000 metric tons each per year and shipments are done per rail car.
Só our entire industry is like the little kid buying a tootsie roll at the candy shop.

6 Likes

Also, edible oil is 1-2% sorbent to oil ratio.
Só wow right. I guess we are gonna need to make cooking oil and put this in everything from bath bars to potato chips

1 Like