Only The Strong sauce tek

I find it surprising how many people operate a CLS without a simple gas sniffer. When i got in this game, i even went as far as to buy all fire proof clothing including underwear. Usually my nose will tell me if there is some sort of leak but a gas sniffer can be bought off of amazon for $30.

11 Likes

do a 10-20min soak. at those temps you can soak indefinitely. Iā€™ve done a 3 hour soak just to prove a point. came out amazing puss yellow and liquid af.

4 Likes

Will adding a whatman slow filter help? Getting some the finer things? Metal one it come with sucks, and the fast filter paper probably not enough

I go from dry ice cooler straight out in open, no jacket on this one :persevere:I have one but not enough to runā€¦I get solvent to -45 , goes everywhere any colderā€¦ And column at LO reading on IR,I use to get no clear crystals when I soaked

who says our solvent isnā€™t odorized :stuck_out_tongue:

once upon a time, when working the CLS outdoors, I found that wasps were excellent at detecting even the smallest leaks. any time one came to investigate, Iā€™d monitor it to locate the problem. not once were they wrong.

8 Likes

I canā€™t smell mix or n-tane. Itā€™s non oderized. Just like I canā€™t smell the nitrogen in the air.

1 Like

a single pass over cannabis will solve that for hydrocarbons.

2 Likes

When I burp the tanks at days end Iā€™ve never noticed any odor, my meters sure notice the gas!

Iā€™ve done pours were super super heavy on the solvent side and still never anything. and no a cardboard box. but a ice box would suffice. Iā€™ve done it before. a reflective windshield cover wrapped around works better or mylar as well. and he never said cardboardā€¦ that was your inference. he could have been talking about a better insulated box. but yes a card board box would do it. it wouldnā€™t be very efficient. but it would still work. as well as he never said a box in the freezer. he said ā€œCould i just get a box and keep it stocked with dry ice instead of using a freezer directly?ā€ and yes my deep freeze chest freezer sits at -20Ā°f. and the sop calls for recovering. and as for blowing directly into jars. that would still work. considering canned gas has at most 25% propane.

I can smell solvents.

5 Likes

when our processors moved into the warehouse I had all to myself for a year, the smell of cannabis used to freak me out. If I could smell cannabis, it meant something was wrong. possibly drastically wrong. I havenā€™t gotten to play with hydrocarbons in over a year, but I swear my solvent is oderized & detectable after just a single pass over flower.

1 Like

You know itā€™s funny @cyclopath and @Otscc
My partner swears he can smell it too! Mabey Iā€™m nose def? I know they oderize hydrocarbon gasses because they arenā€™t very smelly when in their Virgin state.

1 Like

Thats what i was talking about. I think in the next week im going to pick up the product to run my first batch! Sorry for miscommunication, This thread is massive and complicated for a newb with out all the tech!

Yeah I use the sun cover for my truck on top of it after everything, like the plug in the cooler at the store,my dry ice cooler that is, and everything inside it wrapped in emergency blanketā€¦ Then I put sun cover on top then shut cooler, then I set it deep freezer

1 Like

If youā€™re going to soak you have to use a jacketed column and frozen solvent.

Yeah I put solvent on dry ice, I just havenā€™t had big enough runs lately to whip out the jacketed column, if memory serves me correct though last time I did it I did a 30-minute soak and I must have pulled some plant matter, but that was back when I was using just a metal screen, I know that Whiteman slow filter has to help

I just throw the loaded column in dry ice cooler for now and open blast!

Since itā€™s so cold what would happen if I just ran an extra can to get everything or does it not work like that

1 Like

Can someone explain why I keep getting small crystals I get then everytime but they are always small. Am I letting to much pressure out of my jars or something else?

Damn I half a thought in there and relied not knowing it was still there! Haha still learning this forum navigation. Try 70ā€“75

Yeah Iā€™m doing about 85 temp idk I burp them during process is that bad or should I look in pressure?

You shouldnā€™t have to burn themā€¦the idea is a slow evap of a super saturated mother solution.

1 Like

You want to close the jar and leave it when you at that step,

This is normal, you only want to burp if youā€™ve sealed before the 1/3 Mark from your original solution, (the amount you blasted the moment you evacuated all the Tane out your column)

Blasted straight in half gallon jar tonight, ooo did that make my life easier