Only The Strong sauce tek

When you try to bloom in initial freezing depending on how fast thc separates from mother liquid I think has a lot to do with if you get a nice looking bloom. Which is why I feel terpenes come into play changing the speed of thc seperating from mother liquid or I may be completely wrong

what does cyro mean ?

1 Like

Balls cold
… usually dry ice slurry w acetone or something like denatured alcohol. Or ln2

Aka cryogenic

2 Likes

Thank you sir, appreciate it got that going right now but I got my jar inside a coffee Thermos with dry ice and iso instead of freezer or cooler. Obviously not sealed tight haha.

Hey guys. I’m new here. Many thanks for the site and what you guys are doing. I’m a newbie to diamonds, been making bho for 3 years very successfully, I followed the sop step for step Only I’m using 300ml (I’m from England) mason jars. I’ve got 2 jars that I’ve capped and placed in separate vac ovens but for the life of me I can’t stop the lids from leaking/ slash popping. I can literally here the it coming out as a hissing noise. It’s happened on both. I’ve tried 6 different lids now. The two part lid with the band and the single part lids with the rubber seal. Is this suppose to happen? Am I doin something wrong. I’m capping at a 1/3 anyone else have this problem. Any help please guys? :pray:t3:

Yes heres ur help…
Cap at 1/4 mark instead

This is coming from everyone having DIFFERENT amounts of oil laden solvent, not everyone has same amount oil dissolved, it’ll change the mark just by oil volume

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply​:hugs: I’ve already done the 1/4 mark cap and the 1/5 mark cap (haha I recapped as I was losing it) and still the pressure build is too much and it’s hissing out. It’s not a massive run but off the same run I’d normally yield 25-30g of shatter. I’m not saying I’m any relation to the diamond yield but to let you know the amounts I’m working with. Going off what you are saying it seems it has something to do with saturation?? My run is small therefore I’m hihgly saturated at the 1/3,1/4,1/5 mark? Ikd…:thinking:

What kind of viscosity are you at when capping at the third mark

? Here’s a pic of my jar and lids. Same stuff as everyone else??

1 Like

And ur tightening the piss out of it…
Those are not the exact ones I use

I usually retighten after first hr and day bc pressure will back it off…
You shouldn’t hear hissing… It should seal, and after you saying that I’m gonna say order some ball mason jars ,quart wide mouth with measurements on it… Still thinking it’s those bands… If doesn’t tighten up without losening!

To many ppl do this all the time, very repeatable

You either aren’t getting tight enough or bad jars…
If outter band strips when you try to tighten it then you need new bands

BTW my lids buldge out every time, not ton but definitely up!.. But never hiss… But all the visual solvent will be gone after the first 24hrs of being sealed… It’s gonna look like thinner oil after first day being sealed, no longer at 1/3 Rd mark

1 Like

Yeah real tight and then some! Possibly is the jars but Idk. I’ve tighten them back up and it’s rebulged but no hissing this time🤞🏼 With my run being small you still think I need quarts jars?? What consistency is yours when capping at a third? I’ve spent all night reading most threads. I’m thinking its was over saturated. I thread I read said, if I understood it right, around a 50% saturation of cannabinoids to solvent solution. Worked well ie in my situation as I know I usual get around 25-30g I should have around 60-70ml give or take. Which I believe I’m at now. A thin syrup. This sound like I could on to something? Uploading… Uploading…

undersaturated: too much solvent, not enough cannabinoids (solute) to precipitate (crystallize).

saturated: solvent is carrying as much solute as it can hold. remove solvent, and things will start to ppt.

super saturated: more solute in the solvent than it can carry. ppt is imminent. crystallization will be rapid, and fine grained.

you’re aiming for saturated, then slow evaporation.
you started with too much solvent.
which means you were under saturated.

8 Likes

can anyone tell me wtf is going on in this jar lol

1 Like

Not enough solvent it I see solid frozen later…

BTW u can still achieve diamonds, just wait till 1/3 level which close and seal…just want be singular diamonds

Lately been thinking solid frozen during cold crash equals to super saturated I think the word

And white sand no bloom may be too much solvent… More test to find out soon but I know for sure if it freeze layer you let to much evap before cold crash…

2 Likes

Diamonds made with puretane pass residuals, it’s a more sugary diamond run mixed with sauce, purged 4-5 days @85 full vac. Hope that helps any of you who don’t have this priveledge get an idea…

4 Likes

Pic of some fresh frozen OG Kush right after cold crash.

8 Likes

Now that’s a cold crash… Any insight…dewax or not?..we’d love to hear more

I have a :27 vid of it forming but the file is too large to upload and I am not allowed to post links yet. Whole plants minus fan and non-sugar leaves froze at -80c in a lab freezer for 24hrs within 2hrs of cutting. Inline de-wax in my closed loop system. Was wet so didn’t weigh but guessing it would have been a little over a lb if it was dried.

2 Likes

Short vid before they dissolve

1 Like

I must be doing it wrong, mine never do that that’s awesome! I’d say you got it down!

2 Likes