Only The Strong sauce tek

Thanks for the insight brother! About to separate them right now, so after I do a secondary crash on the sauce we’ll find out.

Ublose yield but to achieve the best clearest diamonds and terpenes that move at room temperature and are very thin you need to prefreeze everything for about 2 hours sometimes I do it a day ahead to -70c or the night before then running -70c solvent over-70c material will pull thin Terps every time especially if they are live

I never cold crash anymore a seed Diamond can be your best friend it will let you know if you’re in the right zone or not if it melts you have too much solvent if it doesn’t melt but you get sugar then you have two little solvent but if it stays and you have then you have just the right amount it should bubble a little off the seed but as the lead stays on longer the bubbles should slow down big time because the bubbles are the stone evaporating also a seed Stone will speed up the process

My favorite way to grow Boulders now is to spin off the BHO Church then take the dry sugar and mix it with pentane one to one Jarred up and let it do its magic when it’s over get a cold and dump the contain into another jar seal it up just in case there’s more THC to drop out and add your BHO church back to your pentane diamonds once everything is purged it’s not a single solvent run but it’s a easy run at least to me anyways to make faceted hard big large stones and keep your Terps pristine

2 Likes

I separated the diamonds and sauce 2 days ago(14 days after initial capping). I put the sauce in another jar with a seed to crash out more thca and capped it. I have the diamonds purging now.
I got some decent sized diamonds from the live run and the terpines are amazing. My first time ever having live product before. Here are some of the stones I got out of it. From 992g of fresh frozen I pulled out 33.78g of sauce (before secondary crash) 21.16g of diamonds.
Once again I would like to thank the community for the endless information given here and biggest props to @Otscc for this SOP.

Here is a picture of the sauce that has been secondary crashing for a couple days. It’s amazing how much more has crashed out. It’s a very fine sand. The terps have a pretty good consistency and move around the jar freely/easily.

7 Likes

Last night I did my 3rd run for diamonds and my second run on my cls. Since I can now recycle my butane I decided to rerun the material (for science) to see how much was left behind and the quality of the second run. I ran 500g of larf/sugar trim from recent harvest (dried then frozen immediately). I used 6lbs of n-tane. Also this wasn’t a single strain run either, it was a mix of all 6 strains I ran on that cycle. Saturated solution is definitely darker than the previous live run.

Here is the jar from the first pass after capping

Jar on the left is from the second pass on same biomass

Here are both jars capped

It looks like a decent amount was left behind, but once finished I’m curious to see how much undesirables were picked up on the second pass. Everything was ran cold and fast like the initial extraction. I was going to combine both runs in 1 jar, but I decided to keep them separate incase I picked up alot of undesirables. Maybe I need to up the amount of solvent i used on first pass.

5 Likes

Would this be a plausible tek for creating ethanol diamonds?

:spoon:

3 Likes

Man I could use a hand with my diamonds. I’m way mixed up on conflicting info

1 Like

Lose the conceit that this is a cannabis specific trick you’re trying to master.

Play with sugar water
.or alum.

Cannabinoids are expensive and light hydrocarbons bring risks to the table that you can sidestep till you’ve wrapped your head around the important parts.

Understand what the kids are being taught.

Pressure is a red herring. You’re not working with carbon crystals.

If you can’t tell good advice from bad, by reading it, how can you tell the difference?

Edit: if you haven’t found the data dump yet you should go looking
. Eg: Crystals - Google Drive?

9 Likes

Looking at you on this one @Thebluntwizard

What is the process for getting from “I read it” to “I can do this”?!?

1 Like

doing it

results

1 Like

Hey guys, anybody extracting via open blast, or is cls necessary to make diamonds? if so, is it to keep the butane from evaporating when blasting, therefore keeping more of it liquified in your end jar? or is it more just for yield and recycling of butane?

Also a bit of backstory I’ve been growing my own herbs and making my own extracts for most of my life ( iso / bho / bubble hash / dry sift / rosin press / etc
), along with having a deep love for organic chemistry. Im mid harvest right now and have been studying for months, reading various diamond sops, but havent really seen anywhere about open blasting.
thanks guys for any info! happy dabbing!!

main use of cls is safety. being able to recover your solvent, run extra cold etc are all added bonuses.

you can definitely make diamonds just fine open blasting

3 Likes

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. :heart:

7 Likes

I would suggest starting at the top of the thread

1 Like

Awesome thanks for the info. That’s kinda what I was thinking. I’ll probably have a cls by next harvest, but for now I’m just running closed Column with jacket into Pyrex. Maybe the huge harvest this year will help get me a bit closer to that cls haha. But for now I’ve got half my harvest set aside just for concentrates production.

just blast outside and be safe and youll be fine. a lot of us open blasted for years before CLS’s were even really used in cannabis tbh

4 Likes

And I’ve seen the scars and charges. It’s so cheap to use a closed loop these days. Lots of people drive without seatbelts and are fine too, until they aren’t. You’re important. Your neighbors are important. Accidents cast a shadow on all of us. We can do better. Be safe.

And the extracts! Popping cans makes chemical soup out of your extracts. Heavy metals, mercaptans, mystery oil! Oh my. You can have better and you deserve it. :heart::heart:

9 Likes

yummy where can i get a bowl of this!!
:kissing_closed_eyes::scream::sob::skull_and_crossbones::poop::man_shrugging::person_facepalming:

2 Likes

What is the bare bones, budget price for a closed loop these days?

1 Like

3-5 hundred it looks like

1 Like