Only The Strong sauce tek

This thread ALWAYS used to be on top. I have to say just the bump alone probably helped someone out.

1 Like

Hell I pinned it at the top for me

What lint free wipes are you speaking of bud? I could definitely use somthing different for our pot. Has anyone else noticed a massive increase in kimwipes cost? Went from like 2.99 a box to 14.99 on Amazon.

You can also try a centrifuge no solvent needed.

1 Like

i wana see

Except if you break the jar… How to turn "Shatter" into diamonds/sauce/distillate/anything I can sell?

Another great read. This threat is like a good movie. Everytime I watch it (read it) something important jumps out at me that I missed last time.

4 Likes

I know this thread is old and no one has posted in a while, but I just finished reading the entire thing and wanted to give a huge thank you to all the information that was provided here. I ran my first run of diamonds a a couple weeks ago with my closed column set up with dewaxing sleeve. I had great results and I can’t wait to do some more runs. I recently just upgraded to a cls and I’m so stoked to try it. Here are some pics of my first diamond run, thanks to this thread, all the people, and all the information that was shared. Follow the SOP and it was a breeze! I used 1 week old dried material that I froze, frozen cans of tane, and dry ice slurry in my material column.

17 Likes

Those diamonds look great. Well done for getting what looks like a great yield from dried biomass!

3 Likes

Thank you. I made a few mistakes and after finally finishing the whole thread I know what to do different next run. I ran just over 5oz of dried biomass and got back 11g of diamonds and 12g of sauce. I purged my sauce to hard and also didn’t re jar sauce after separation to let more thca crash out. So a week after purge my sauce went to straight sand/sugar lol.

1 Like

I did my first fresh frozen run ever last week using this tek except no cold crash and my second time doing diamonds. I also used my brand new closed loop system as well. This was my time ever using a closed loop and doing a fresh frozen run. I have a 3x36 sleeved column that I loaded with 992g of fresh frozen green crack. Here is a picture of the material I ran and also grew.

I first cleaned every part to the system then distilled my n-tane which was 7.5lbs worth. Put solvent tank on dry ice, sleeved column with dry ice slurry, and collection pot on dry ice slurry. No crc, only used 100micron ss mesh gasket and 2x 20-25um fast flow filter paper. I started injecting and it was moving extremely slow which Im assuming was due to my collection pot and sleeved column were the same temp. I am running passive with out any assist. This was also my first time using filter papers so I don’t know if those played any role in slowing it down. I did not do any soak, but it did take close to 25 minutes to fully inject the 7.5lbs and it only took like 5 minutes to inject when distilling the solvent. So I am sure I picked up a decent amount of fats, lipids, and waxes during the long injection. Be sides the slow inject, everything else went smooth as can be. Only took me around 20 minutes to recover passively. I used a 80f warm water bath for the collection during recovery. I recovered all the solvent except for enough to fill a 32oz Mason jar. I then room temp evaporated(3 hours +/-) the liquid in the mother jar until I could pour it in a 8oz wide mouth jar. I kept the jar in a dark cupboard at ambient temp for 1 week(72f-76f). The temps really started the drop here this week so I moved the jar to the vac chamber and set to 80f. Here are some pics of the progression.

I had a question about these pics here. @StoneD or @Killa12345 . The last time I made diamonds (open blast) the liquid didn’t have a stratified hazy layer suspended in the middle. Is this fats/lipids/ waxes from my slow inject time? Or something else? The temperature of the solution at this point was around 45f

Here you can see the stuff swirling around during boil off.

Once enough solvent evaporated to my liking this is what the solution looked like when I capped it, it went back to clear.

1 Like

Here are some progression pictures from the above run.

Day 3

Day 5

Day 7

Day 11 (current day)

Here is what I scraped out of the original mother jar

9 Likes

Nice work, especially for your second go at diamonds.
The haziness that you’re seeing could be fats/waxes. As you are evaporating the solvent (i.e with the lid open), the solvent naturally cools - evaporative cooling. When the solvent is colder, the waxes/fats might precipitate. When you closed the jar, evaporation (nearly) stopped, which allows the solution to come up to room temperature, at which the waxes and fats are more soluble in the LPG solvent. The presence of fats/waxes could prevent a little THCA from crystallizing, but it looks like you’ll still get a decent diamond haul.

The alternative theory is the haziness is caused by water. My guess is the former.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply and information I greatly appreciate it. I’ve had water in my solution once before from my open blast column sweating and dripping into my pyrex. I could see it in “bead” form like a rain drop not mixing into the solution. I did not see any evidence of that here.

1 Like

I just weighed the jar this morning and at this moment there is 72g in it. I know some of that is still a little solvent.

Awesome. 6-7% from fresh frozen is a fantastic yield. The pics of the bud look amazing so makes sense!

1 Like

Thank you I appreciate that! It’s definitely a keeper in my garden. Fantastic yields, terps, and trichs.

I started doing OTSS technique using a similar approach to you, with 3x36 jacketed column. I would dewax with dry ice and thought that was getting most of the waxes out.

So I did an experiment. I took a jar that I had collected about 50g in OTSS style but had not done crystallization. I then introduced about 400ml of ethanol and winterized the fluid.

I was quite surprised at how much fat I pulled out of the dewaxed solution. Got like 6 grams. Original source material was commercial outdoor trim, would still yield good results though.

1 Like

You’re telling me that’s an outdoor grow???

1 Like

No, it’s from my indoor garden. I do not grow outdoor.

2 Likes