Only The Strong sauce tek

I think I figured out my issue was the heat pad I was using I got a cheap one my vessel has been on heat since last week without anything happening.

Here’s a question I didn’t see. Can you heat it up in a crock pot?

1 Like

Whats ur issue. If blast dry ice cold material and solvent you can just stick it any where warm if not vacuum oven.

For the heating pad u need paid controller to control the temperature…I also lay couple towels over the heating pad if I’m forced to use it

The colder u run the thinner the mix is bc less fats
Then it can crash at room temperature

I wouldn’t use a crackpot though

1 Like

I’ve tried to make diamonds several times now with no success. I do the closed loop sop and pour directly into the mason jars. Froze them for two days then into the oven around 82f with no vac. The first try they turned into a big 2 inch sugar patty after a few days. Second attempt everything was looking good after a couple days in the oven. When I went to burp there was too much pressure so as soon as I turned the lid lid it blew off 14 feet straight up and immediately the liquid in the jar muffed like crazy and spilled out… my only guess is I’m not leaving the correct amount of solvent. The first time it was syrupy and the second time I left a little bit of solvent so it was still water like viscosity.

You don’t want to burp that early. Wait till you have good growth and it has stalled. Then allow it to cool back to room temperature before burping.

4 Likes

Thanks I made a noob mistake lmao.

I’m attempting again, after a couple days in the freezer it I’m not sure if it bloomed correctly, it seems it was just separated and the thca was at the bottom, see here

I have it sitting in the oven at 82f, next day I came in it looks like this

I thought maybe the lid busted and it sugared but it’s still sealed.

Search jelly tek.
Even better.

1 Like

That’s a giant wall of ovens…

12 Likes

@Apothecary36 Hahahaha I was thinking the same thing!!!

2 Likes

Lol there was a team in here before us and we inherited some equipment. They definitely went overkill on the ovens lmao. There’s over 30 and we’ve only ever used 10 at the same time.

If that’s a Cascade oven, you absolutely need the bottom shelf installed for the temp to regulate properly.

3 Likes

It is sitting on a shelf.

2 Likes

Lovely. :heart:

1 Like

How much heat?

1 Like

80-85f. keep it fluid mobility. if u have to go to 90 to do so ok but it may enduce sugaring at higher temps esp if crc bc ur evaporating the solvent to fast

this doesn’t apply to ethanol I thought u was ethanol only

1 Like

Awesome. I think this is what I’ve been doing wrong my temp was too high.

2 Likes

If you’re temp is too high with not enough solvent it sugars fast. If the temp is too high with solvent the solvent will remain hot enough to keep the thca from growing.

4 Likes

Sounds like you need someone to take those of your hands :sweat_smile:

I grow the best Diamonds at room temperature… if I have 56ml in 200ml jar i cap it at 75ml for large stones. first few days I give quick crack of the lid then fast shut it once a day… when I see growth start on the bottom I stop and let it set about week or better at room temperature to grow some beautiful facets

4 Likes

Ok so re did everything again. Re adjusted my temp but I’m having another issue I’m using the ball jars recommended here. But for some reason brand new they are not holding pressure no matter how tight I get them. I just checked my jar all my solvent got out the lid is popped up no pressure at all.

Anything better then ball jars? Honestly. Or a better lid alternative. I already have tried a few different new lids.

1 Like

I imagine your jar doesn’t have but small amount oil for the jar size and ur capping a large amount tane… when u cap where is the line and what size jar and after seal goes where is the line at