day 17

2 Likes

day 17side view, hope you all dont mind the constant pics/progress updates

3 Likes

day 17, next pics friday

5 Likes

Looks awesome keep em coming

2 Likes

For those that did not see it there is a thread regarding sonocrystallization here-> Sonocrystallization

4 Likes

Day 7 after cold crash

2 Likes

cold crash for four hours…

8 Likes

.25g was the biggest, rest of them are smalllll, but plentyful thankfully. Next batch will be unseeded. Sonoassisted

4 Likes

gonna be a gooood night :slight_smile: poured terps into smaller jar to finish for 2 more weeks.

10 Likes

11 Likes

looks amazing ! nice work

From roughly (going by what ive ben getting finished shatter slabs doing same size run with same material) 60g start, i got 24 grams of thca-diamonds, but theres still more in the terp solution to hopefully precipitate a few more outta.

2 Likes

Day 9 and 2 days after I sonicated it using a 20,000hz ultrasonic cleaner for 5 mins at a time in 20 min intervals for 6 times. I did it warm though as the ultrasonic cleaner makes heat so the only way to do cold is start with cold water and drain and refill each time. I know this is not even close to the right hz and not optimal using what I am using but I wanted to try anyway. Next time I will do it the 1st few days after the cold crash and use a lab stand to suspend the jar as I feel it got too much vibration from resting on the bottom of the basket.

4 Likes

Nice! A little sonocrystallizatiin! 20khz could be a good wavelength! Remember, it’s about the cavitation caused by the wavelength! The higher the frequency the shorter the waves are together…meaning the cavitation bubbles stay smaller before imploding…(they use higher hz for cleaning smaller crevices) during longer wavelengths the cavitation causes the bubbles to expand more before they implode, thus a bigger boom :boom:!

5 Likes

Thanks all very good to know before i start next weekend

2 Likes

So wuts the best way of separating the layers after all is said and done

Pour it into another jar, if you didn’t blast cold enough your gonna have a hard time pouring

2 Likes

okay so i just open blasted a little bit of shatter into a jar outside. kind of like a butane emulsification. Using this

Device I made. So right now the jar lid is 1/4 way turned in an empty stainless bucket outside. Will the butane evaporate on it’s own? Is it safe to just leave the jar there? When do I burp. Sorry I keep asking the same questions over and over again.

1 Like

the jar and lid are liable to fail if there is too much solvent versus solute…it will off gas…and find your weak link!

2 Likes