Only The Strong sauce tek

Let me have some centrifuge specs. I have a connection there.

4 Likes

So you freeze the jar of crystals while the terp layer is doing the secondary nucleation? Then put crystals back in oven before your ready to pull a vac?

Trying to get my crystal purge tech down.

4 Likes

Im just starting to play around with making diamonds/sauce after seeing the #onlythestrongktek . After 2 days in the freezer I Noticed an odd white bloom on the bottom of the jar, I took the jar out of the freezer and opened lid at room temp for a couple hours, the bloom melted. I then put the jars back in the freezer , came back a couple hours later and the blooms had multiplied all over the bottom and sides of jar, looking similar to your example. This is from a cured resin trim run, extracted using a PX1 , with a 70/30 solvent blend. dewaxed inline for 2 hours at -30c .

37 Likes

All the jars had a white layer on the inside coming out of dry ice. Jar on left is most diluted and they get thicker to the right. Still unsure about how much solvent to leave or if I succeeded.

1 Like

For the purge. After youve seen a good reaction but it has paused. Open the jar. And pour it into another smaller jar and throw in a few clean crystals and cap it again and place back on heat for a week or 2. After a week or 2 youll have seen more growth from here open and pour into a pyrex dish and purge that way. This allows more surface area to achieve low enough ppm.

9 Likes

Thank you very much

2 Likes

Those blooms are thca crashing off and forming. Thats exactly what you want to see. This stage is to get the thca to the bottom of the jar to give larger formations. Once you put in on heat do your best not to disturb it. Youll get better growth if it doesnt get moved around.

14 Likes

I have a jar in the lowest part of the fridge and it looks like this. I did drop isolated thca seeds and this formed around the “seed sites”. Almost ditched it. But kept it To see what els would come out of it. Thank you so much because I was super confused.:confused:

You mean if it 1/3 of the jar after tour let it sit at room temp for 2 hours or more.?

^^^Microbial growth^^^^

1 Like

No if its at 1/3 tighten the lid and apply heat.

I dont see a picture.

Hey otscc, is this crashing the same as freeze precipitation or no? I was just wondering because being a nexus member I’m familiar with what a double edged sword freeze precip can be with too much or not enough solvent present ? Seems like this may be some folks problem?

1 Like

So I’m trying this out, once I have mother liquid , sounds like I stick that in mason jar with alot tane left, then just set lid on, not tightened, then set in cryo liquid bath? For 2days in cooler setting in the deep freezer? Like use plastic bowl, make liquid, set mason jar in it?

1 Like

That’s the one step I’m confused about

So does it have to be 99% iso with dry ice to get the temp down to -110 or will 70 or 91% also work?

Hey how much dry ice Do I use for cryo bath…I downsized everything… I’m using 4oz mason jar filled up… I use metal dog bowl for vessel to bath in… Dry ice last 3 to 4 hours, I need to keep replenish right

1 Like

Would hexane work aswell?

Here is a boiling point pressure chart I created based on observation and then extrapolation for the higher temps. Column A is pressure in microns and column B is boiling temp predicted or observed at that pressure. It is a crude chart but likely pretty close as a predictive tool for D9 THC.

22 Likes

Yes it is exactly freeze precipitation. Honestly we’ve never ran into that problem. But thank you for sharing that could come in handy in the future.

1 Like