Only Heads then Nothing SPD HELP

Succes without winterizing is only possible on etho extraction at -60 C minimum all other methods or temps above -60C will need winterizing

3 Likes

Happened to us before. We believe we got sold crude that was ran through the spd before and they dumped terps back into it with some ethanol.

1 Like

that doesnā€™t sound good considering I extracted this crude myself lol and from the same harvest of biomass Iā€™ve worked with the last couple weeks and had success hmmm

so what iā€™m thinking is it has to do with the extraction parameters and lack of post-extraction clean up before distillation maybe

Iā€™ve been trying to nail down a way to do ambient 99% iso extraction of a decent amount biomass with a lack of cyro abilities or a centrifuge

rough SOP

2 large 30qt SS pots and a 20qt ss pot. basically goes like such, put 1 pot in freezer with iso, then pour biomass into solvent, soak apx. 15 mins then start the drain. using nylon fabric i pour the contents into second ss pot, take biomass out and put into a colander of sorts to drip into 3rd ss pot.
As thats happening i take the iso that was just soaked add some fresh 99% and repeat the process till done.

then all of the solutions are rough filterd, then filtered over T-5 or Celite and hardwood carbon till color is acceptable.

i have a pretty nice 6" SS filter that keeps the contact time decently low with the carbon, this scrub is done at room temp.

After that rotary, degum with CC enzyme, LLE with N-heptane/DistilledH20, Then 4,9,7 brine wash, rotary, Methanol winterization, rotary with partial decarb, the rest is done in the BF at 120c for about an hour. After that hook up the SPD, open vac and run SOP

This time i did not degum,or do LLE, only one round of winterization.

So im guessing iā€™ve picked up more stuff then cannabinoids which is throwing off the boiling point? ive read of people hitting mains at 240 but the consensus seems to be a vac issue.

other runs iā€™ve done mains popped at 208c with vac at 522 microns

very perplexing

Just wanted to give an update to those who offer advice, I got the cannabinoid fraction to distill! This is what I did, moved to a smaller boiling flask and loaded almost half full. Started it up pulled the vac down to 129 microns and started distilling at 200c it ramped up so fast and went straight to the cannabionid fraction. was so beautiful because I pulled everything out up to that point. Itā€™s POURING now! If anyone is interested in the information I learned from this DM and Iā€™ll freely share how the extraction and post extraction affected this and what to do to change it. Learned quite a bit

3 Likes

Well why not take your time and wwrite it here more people can learn :grin:

2 Likes

I donā€™t mind at all, still in the lab but when I get done Iā€™ll share the all the info!

1 Like

Ada boy
By the way congrats on solving this riddle :ok_hand:

Glad it all worked out, came to the thread a little late. What was the size of first BF and size of the 2nd (smaller) one that worked out?

going to post some details later if i can get an extended moment, the 1st BF was 1000ml the 2nd BF was 250ml. The distillate came out with crazy amount of fats in it! i put it back into methanol after a doing a hot carbon scrub, degum, then filtered at room temp. I then put into the freezer, it proceeded to precipitated a good amount of fats within an hour, iā€™ll filter tomorrow, roto, then a LLE with N-heptane, and roto again, iā€™ll put it into the short path long enough to pull all the heptane out