Onemadchemist x Threyda Labcoat Collaboration

I’ve been working for a while on making this happen and thought today was a good day to go public with this project.

Most folks in labs tend to wear lab coats, plain ole’ lab coats. Also, labs tend to be places that are clean and devoid of color, though are expected to be places of creativity. For me, the art and expression of others has always helped spark creativity of my own.

I really like what Threyda has done with printing art on liners for the inside of their jackets, so they look presentable in most situations from the outside, but the inside is bursting with color. Subtle flair, if you will.

I asked Peter if we could spice up labcoats in the same manner and he thought it was cool idea to help people look good and feel good while being safe in the lab.
We settled on Andy Gilmore’s “Color Quanta” as the artwork for the liner, approved of the sample coat, and were ready to place the final order… right as Corona closed the factory in China.

The factory is back open now and the order has finally been placed!! The coats should arrive in the beginning of May, huzzah!

Some people like black labcoats so they hide stains (mostly hash labs), and others like white coats for the opposite reason, so stains are visible. Plenty of black will be available along with a limited quantity of white. The white coats will mostly be reserved for medical professionals.

Add some color to your PPE!!

They’re $200 each plus shipping.

Happy 420!!!

4 Likes

did these go up for sale? did i miss it somehow?

They’ve been on sale for 6 months.

Nobody responded to the post (until you), so I never bothered mentioning them here again.

Only sizes left are mediums and larges. They’re $200 plus $15 shipping each.

2 Likes

ok rad!
i remember looking on the threyda page months ago and couldnt find it, then took a dab and promptly forgot i was trying to track it down and get one. where can i go to purcahse?

thanks!

1 Like

Through me! Hit the DM.

Threyda made em for me as a custom order, they’re not selling them.

2 Likes

I need to score something like this! How much of a process was it to get these done?!?

you said you only have large left? What’s the length? These are dope.

I’ve been playing around with the idea of fashionable lab wear for a while… But wouldn’t mind collaborating/sharing my thoughts if it means they can become a reality sooner… my time gets eaten up in the lab…

Couple smalls, many mediums and larges, and like 3 XL left at this point

1 Like

It took almost two years of pestering Peter to get these made.

Far easier to buy one from this batch than to try to get him to run another round!

1 Like

How can I buy a few of them?

Any of these still available? Looking for an xl

2 Likes

I have a single remaining XL, in white

1 Like

I’d love to take you up on that. I’ll have some funds available sometime this week into an account to send funds your way unless your local to Denver and we could meet in person.

Need more of these made. Need a black XL too

2 Likes

Only Mediums and Larges left at this point. If/when those sell I can have another batch made.

Do you have the size breakdown on the large? Arm length, etc?
Or anything to compare it to so I can see if it fits

I don’t have a sizing chart, though it’s based on a totally standard labcoat. If a large of any other loose-cuff labcoat fits, so will one of these larges. If you normally wear an XL, then a L will probably be too small.