One way to make compliant D8, and Delta9 remediation in general

We’ve seen no correlation in the amount of CBT or CBE generated when compared to the potency of the CBD on input. Found that cooking mother liquor with much lower cbd percentages (40-50%) actually lead to much higher CBE and CBT numbers

1 Like

Yes it will be distilled via kd10. Thanks for sharing your observations.

2 Likes

Very great question, I knew I would forget some important points…

I generally saw ~5-15% potency loss of the major cannabinoid (be it D8, CBD, or CBN)
Of course the 5% is starting with more ideal input material, for example, 3% D9 and 95% D8 oil

2 Likes

I believe the oxygen is whats causing the reaction to occur in the first place, so it may be necessary to have it open to air. I would like to see what would happen if someone was to run it under an inert atmosphere, with and without UV light.

3 Likes

As soon as I finish this first run, I’m going to get to work on an injection port for gas.
Stoked to see what happens

3 Likes

Does that mean you will end up with ~85% TAC distillate?

1 Like

Only if you don’t process your oil further, I found that a fair amount of the impurities (certainly not all) could be removed by extra careful distillation

1 Like

If it’s going to CBT you need an oxygen/hydroxide source…

I’m getting ready to stop the remediation run. Samples were gathered waiting for my hplc guy to show up for work to give me data.
Definitely turned the distillate RED. Hope to pull all the color out via re-distillation. More to come.

6 Likes

How did it go?

3 Likes

I haven’t gad a chance to redistill yet. My analyst will be here shortly to check the %'s before i distill so I’ll post the coa later today.

2 Likes

Here is the result of d8 remediation efforts pre-re-distillation (is that even a word? It is now)
GPLCE040822_001_Non_Contract_HC_Distillate_Bulk_Golden_Piedmont_Labs_04_14_2022.pdf (3.1 MB)

3 Likes

As soon as I get an opening in the disty lab, I’ll distill it, test it etc.

What did the numbers start out as?

I’d love to see a chromatogram of this from before and after

2 Likes

Ill see if i can get those chromatograms and post them.

3 Likes

Update:
Still no chromatograph from my analysts, but here is the coa from remediation and redistilling d8D8_Redistilled_042122_Golden_Piedmont_Labs_04_25_2022.pdf (3.1 MB)

1 Like

If your lab correctly identified the peaks you have the first sample of d8 without unknowns I have seen

2 Likes

I’m sure there are unknowns in there. When we had @kcalabs test last year we had zero detectable dioxins, cresols, pthalates, etc. Along the way to running this, I’m sure things got a tad screwy. Once I do this again, I’m going to send samples out for deep analysis. All in all it’s just better to get the chemistry down pat and run clean.

3 Likes

You might like the chemistry described in the paper on this thread

3 Likes

Gnarly methods, whoever developed that out should be proud :wink:

2 Likes