Older material darker oil? Why is this happening?

Thank you for the good advice. I appreciate it. I am planning on fabricating a CLS with my income tax return.

2 Likes

Thanks you guys!

1 Like

where do you guys source your stainless parts for that cheap? Iā€™ve been piecing together a CLS for myself lately but Iā€™m going to end up in the 500+ range for something somewhat small (<1lb runs)

2 Likes

Thatā€™s about right. Youā€™ll end up spending the most on valves. Donā€™t go cheap as possible there. Your steel as long as it will pressure test, will be just dandy. Shopping between OSS, XD, BVV, and thereā€™s a guy out there ā€œbuds hydroā€ he can get you steel for cheap. And actually build you a wee lil system for the price range youā€™re entertaining.

2 Likes

very cool, yeah the valves I have on the list are the most expensive part in the build lol

2 Likes

good! decent valves that donā€™t leak or fall apart is mission critical. Iā€™d say bad things about the valves on some of the equipment Iā€™ve purchased, except that the companies involved have upā€™ed their game at this point and Iā€™d rather say nice things than bitch.

1 Like

Anyone here familiar using ā€œBest Value Vacsā€ 1lb CLS? It is going for under a grand on amazon, but I have heard nothing about these guys either way so looking for feedback (good or bad) before dumping a grand into a small setup. As far as size that is all I need. I wonā€™t be running more than a lb at a time.

You have a link

I got my first system from them. Itā€™s all Chinese and not bad, but I would retape and pressure test everything before use. My current system is a combo of parts to fit my needs.

4 Likes

Never purchased anything but parts from them. Have watched them grow from just selling vac gear, and have noted before that you can tell what the extraction industry is doing by what they are now selling. They offer a discount to gang members I believe

2 Likes

Freeze under vacā€¦ If you canā€™t freeze fast enough

2 Likes

it depends on the machine that was used, wet trimmers vs dry trimmers.

OLD MATERIAL QUESTION
Ok guys been toll processing OLD Material lately and one thing Iā€™m running into non crc is it doesnt matter how cold I run Iā€™m picking up a waxy concentrate. I expect it to be dark but waxy also?

Any else notice that w age not only are we getting darker color but something is going on to wax up the oil some. Maybe oxidization.

Anyways idk if happens every time but Iā€™ve just noticed the older the starting material the more waxy fatty it is. Anyways thanks all just curious what is happening

if you dry it. run dry material. Iā€™ve never seen positive results freezing dry material. youā€™ll pull more undersibales that become encapsulated in ice. only run frozen if its fresh frozen. I didnā€™t read the whole thread just my two cents from your original post.

Not only that, thereā€™s also a high kaboom ratio with open blast