Old Kief?

Hey everyone

I have 1.5kg of older kief but not too sure what to do with it. It is quite clumped and some can be broken apart easily. I was thinking to extract into oil or sell as is?

Cheers!!!

Could you dissolve in solvent and then winterize before running it through short path?

I had some old keif. I decarbed it and put it in capsules. I offer it to people who ask for strong edibles.

3 Likes

heat ethanol on a hot plate and use a wire wisk to smash and stir it. Then filter it, evap it down and chill it for 24h then filter the fats out and fully purge it into black sludge then make edibles out of it

My yields were not impressive with trim machine kief they were like 30%

3 Likes

I wouldnt run old material for spd. May not work out so well. I tried that and worked for free for 3 weeks and lost 1000 in materials, plus 45hrs work time.

Chances are it decarbd naturally (since its old), and good for sleep meds/edibles.

1 Like

Its great for edibles thats pretty much the only way it is going to have value as the other use would probably be prerolls but if its old its probably junk.

Maybe try to estimate what you would consider the value to be and offer it to an edible producer.

Heres my valuation
30% of 1500g = 450g of 60-70% (guess) potency etoh sludge @ 7.50/g = 3350

edit: im on the east coast so that 7.50 might be 2.50 in Cali lol I have no clue of the prices. I know that food grade crude bho is under 10 out here

1 Like

How wpuld old material affect spd? Ive ran 2 year old material into clear disty

I ran 1yr old trim (45#), it was also sprayed with sulfur.

I barely got 50ml to distill over on my short path. I had to crank the mantle to 230c to even get it to pop. I shut her down, did a dab. Puked and got an instant headache.

There is a thread about it, as I thought it was me. Turned out to be utter shit material

2 Likes

Get a coa on it might be cbn rich

1 Like

If your gonna run it for spd, press it first. I have ran my weight in kief and wont do it unless its squished its really hard to get all the really fine particles out and tbey will burn in the flask and mess up tour vacuum. Also yields will be very low even with good kief.

@Demontrich @anon56994712

It seems like edibles/caps are the best route and fit perfectly into my current work cycle :metal:

I’ve only made some grass brownies but capsules sound quite interesting…

Kind off topic but anyone in Grass Valley/Santa Cruz area that would be up for tolling ~30lbs of material? It’s some reputable genetics and a mix of newer but mostly older trim/buds

You ran kief in the spd??
Suprised the vacuum didnt suck it all uo

no dissolved then filtered like normal, kief tends to have alot of particles below 1micron.

1 Like