Oklahoma Product Importation Investigation

I’ve heard a lot about the OMMA beginning to clamp down on compliance, but haven’t seen anything tangible until now. How big of a ripple effect do you think this will have on the market?

None imo. So much bm product leaving Oklahoma kinda dumb to import, but it must have been worth it to them.

1 Like

A friend of a friend works with OMMA in a more tertiary position. She confirmed they are cracking down. Lately they have been going after testing labs. A number of them have gotten fined, and I think even shut down in the last few weeks. She was telling us that it’s the main focus at the moment. But a dispensary just lost their license the other day when it turned out they were buying of the BM.

Even a few months ago the norm was to just hand out samples and not worry about paperwork. I had dispensaries that would even get mad at me for trying to be compliant and having the proper paperwork. But for about 3 months now I’ve noticed more dispensaries actually asking me for paperwork, or double checking the paperwork. I was talking to a budtender at a dispensary out in the boonies and the OMMA had just come by and explained to them that yes, you do in fact have to have the required paperwork.

Wild West out here.

3 Likes

Going after the shield. (Those that provide coas)